9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My civic 2012 LX (brand new) not always start at first try, but i can hear the starter doing something... No green key flashing... I thought that was the imobilizer system, but if thats the case, the starter wouldnt even works... no ? So if i try again it starts like a charm... I had the same problem with my previous car (Nissan versa) this was a problem with a sensor in the fuel pump. (No enought pressure in the fuel line) Any clue ? I dont really want to bring her to the dealer, i know it will not happen when they will try to duplicate the issue.... Damn

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yep to the dealer it goes. there was a tsb about a cold start issue. idk if this is the same issue but ....id have it checked out for sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
neoblasted, wow you and I are pretty similar. we both had the versa prior to our civics. except i went with the si. although i never had any problems with the ignition, for either cars. no idea whats wrong, just wanted to point out our similarities.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Some times is starts sometimes it doesn't. One member said that it might be a key issue(transponder). When I start it, it will just make a buzzing sound, but does not try to crank over. The dealer has no explaination :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
My LX sedan has failed to crank on a number of occasions. Each time it has been caused by, of all things, the cabin fan being left in the on position. Each time, when I cranked the fan switch to off, the car started right up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer told me that it is a Starter Relay. Its supposed to do that, if you crank the car/key too fast or too slow. Some kind of protection for all of the electronics......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing on my 2012 EX manual transmission. At first I thought it might be that I hadn't fully engaged the clutch because there would be nothing on first key turn then I'd release and reengage the clutch and it would turn over. Happened every once in a while, then more frequently. This week my starter went. It was fried. Replaced under warranty thankfully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts