9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I purchased my used 2013 Civic a couple of weeks ago, was looking for 2013 becuase of the 5 speed transmission, not CVT.
I drove the car with no issues until today I noticed a shudder with comes out at light acceleration and at 25-30 km/h.

I just googled and found that in such case drain and fill usually helps, am I right?

My Civic has 50,000 km milage. Transmission fluid does not smell burnt, color is not red, brownish.
Tomorrow I am going to Honda dealer to buy 3 Liters of DW1 fluid, will drain and fill.
Hopefully, it will help...

What do you guys think? Does anybody had similar experience with this issue here?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed the transmission fluid today, just drained and filled with new 2.5l. Feelds like shudder is almost gone.
I am not sure if its a long time releif, but anyway, I am going to make the next, second change pretty soon, then - third one with transmission filter replacement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I changed the transmission fluid today, just drained and filled with new 2.5l. Feelds like shudder is almost gone.
I am not sure if its a long time releif, but anyway, I am going to make the next, second change pretty soon, then - third one with transmission filter replacement.
It should help and yes don't forget the filter. Let us know after the filter. Genuine Honda (25430-PLR-003) Transmission Filter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts