9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My Honda Civic 2013 EX stock audio system sounds flat with not clear highs and not thick lows.
From my experience, this is the worse car stock stereo I have ever had in my car.

I am thinking what is the easiest way to make it sounds better.
First of all, I would like to have more crispy and clear sound.

I am thinking...
1st way is to change the head unit: 1) Order chinese unit with panel made for 9th gen civic. They advertise TDA amp inside and 10-15 band EQ, which looks great. There is a lack of reviews on this units, so I concern about the quality. At the same time, such unit is not cheap. And as far as I see, those units does not support your stock rear camera - you will need to replace with chinese one 2) is to buy head unit like Sony XAV-AX1000. Just found one review on youtube where guy said that he made everything well but some functions and steering wheel controls do not work\do not work properly. This options is also not cheap and gives you cut functionality.
Both these options above should change the sound quality and sound characteristics.
2nd way is to replace the speakers + tweeters. I am thinking here is this option better or not? Will it give me a good result? How can sound be more crispy and clear when your head unit is not able to perform the sound it frequencies you want. You can replace speakers, it should give some changes, but they should me minor.

What do you think?
Is there anybody who replaced just the speakers? Can you please let us know how the sound changed?

Thanks.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,355 Posts
I would search for something made elsewhere. The mere fact that it is made in China is an immediate NO for me, but I digress.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, a few years ago I installed the chinese one stereo in Corolla 2011, that one stereo was working pretty good with no big issues. But I had to replace the amplifier chip, asked my friend to help me. That made sound better. So I am not too concerned about the chinese stereo, it looks good and made for exact cabin front panel, but quality of the sound may need to be improved anyway. So I am thinking about Sony 2DIN stereo and panel-adapter. This solution would not be looking so cool as 9-10" screen of the chinese stereo but sound should be expected better for sure. So I will be thinking and searching...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts