9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had a 2010 LX and now a 2012 Si, no rattles at all in both of them. I drive a Ford F-550 at work, so I know what rattles are.
my guess is the 1974 Superior / international 66 passenger school bus I drove the other day to transport it for a friend had that F-550 beat in rattles, squeaks, and sqwalls.. (every time one of the A/C compressors kicked in (there are 3).. it would sqwall the belts till I put the clutch in... oh and each bump some of the windows dropped down a notch or two.. LoL... wow what a RATTLE TRAP..
Christopher

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
my guess is the 1974 Superior / international 66 passenger school bus I drove the other day to transport it for a friend had that F-550 beat in rattles, squeaks, and sqwalls.. (every time one of the A/C compressors kicked in (there are 3).. it would sqwall the belts till I put the clutch in... oh and each bump some of the windows dropped down a notch or two.. LoL... wow what a RATTLE TRAP..
Christopher

Wow, I have it good compared to that !!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I came from a jeep wrangler so obviously i think the civic rides like a cadillac... there are a couple minor rattles in my EX-L-NAVI..
I really like the Navi / iMID integration.. better music onfo on both screens, navi info on both screens..

driving moderately (70 MPH) on the high way I easily get 40 MPG... 80% city 20% highway my AVERAGE on a fillup will be 32 or so..

recently on a trip to florida I experimented with Mild hypermiling.. no i didnt draft semis or such, but I accelerated softly and kept my speed at 65 MPH.. windows closed and A/C on recirc the whole time.. did this for 500 miles or so and got 43 MPG.. (up and down some mild mountains and had a 5-10 MPH Headwind (according to the NWS in the areas I passed through)...

the interior plastics are easy to scratch if not careful.. hard pastics generally last longer in sunlight and harsh conditions but will be more sbject to scratches and also more subject to cold weather rattles as they expand and contract more than soft materials do.. im a fan of harder materials as they generally are easier to maintain and keep clean...

the leather seats are comfortable, though they lack adjustable lumbar.. the auto headlamps feature is great, along with auto locks and such too.. but lacks the ability to close or open all the windows with the keyfob (overseas models do this feature)..

over-all im very happy with my EX-L-NAVI but like anything there are a few mods here and there (sound system)(A/C mod) that need to be made for me to say im 110% happy with it...

I do believe that regardless of critic reviews it is indeed all honda and will last long if taken care of well..
-Christopher
You should try that hypermiling again sometime at 55mph; anything over 60 and wind resistance is cutting into your gas mileage. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well pretty much what everone is trying to say is, the 9th gen is not perfect, but then again what car is? if your super picky ur not ganna like it but if ur looking for an economical car thats ganna last you along time, then honda will not let u down, yeah theres a few noises here and there from time to time but its not ganna kill you id pick a honda over a hyundai ANYDAY and im pretty positive everyone here agrees with that

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Well pretty much what everone is trying to say is, the 9th gen is not perfect, but then again what car is? if your super picky ur not ganna like it but if ur looking for an economical car thats ganna last you along time, then honda will not let u down, yeah theres a few noises here and there from time to time but its not ganna kill you id pick a honda over a hyundai ANYDAY and im pretty positive everyone here agrees with that

Agreed!

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
94 Posts

agrree! but they do rattle, mine is in the drivers side a-pillar I think, hard to tell where it is really, kinda popping sound when hit some bumps...but is still a great car!!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts