9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a day without my Si, I'm borrowing a '12 hybrid. Kinda drives like a regular Civic - not bad especially compared to a Prius drive. I-Mid screens are kinda cool. I personally would NEVER entertain a hybrid but this wasn't half bad.

I also kept wanting to grab the shifter and punch the clutch but nothing was there. :sad: I get my baby back at around 5:00.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Folks. As of last night, I now have 7300 miles on my 2013 HCH! I still love the car! I saw an 8 minute review on the car and the guy got in the high 30s driving a car different in color from mine, but the same build. He mentioned nothing about how good the car is for passing slow pokes on a 4 lane (2 each way) road! He also said he liked to hear the car purr at a stop. The point of the hybrid is to be using NO gas at a stop. That's why it is silent. This is my second HCH. I know how they run. I moved up to this one because they greatly improved the safety of the vehicle and this one is so much more high tech than my 2005 was. It is a good car. I think his review just came out recently. Incidentally, I am still close to 40 mpg, even with the colder weather we are having. The reviewer drove the hybrid for a week. I have driven one for almost 9 years. A little different, wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
10 Posts
FooBird, I know how it is to be without your everyday ride for a few days(a toyota yaris for me once,ouch lol) thanks for the kind words for the HCH. I now have logged more than 2000 miles on a 2013 HCH and absolutely love it. On a side note, I drove a '04 civic lx for years and never and probs, test drove 2 new Toyota Prius's and they did nothing for me. The SI is a helluva ride for sure(glad i didnt test drive one) but my gear shifting days are over with.
Coppercuckoo, just to let you know, I am a proud new owner of a 2013 HCH. I too do not understand the negative/neutral reviews of our beloved hybrid. I am blessed to have very light traffic and level terrain and am getting well over 50 mpg with the '13 and doing it with style, safety and creature comforts that are way cool. 600+ mile tankfulls are the norm and thats 200 miles over the '04...it will not take long for the HCH to pay off in the long run. Btw,my HCH is black and has everything but nav.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Guys. Yesterday was 8 months on my 13 HCH. I guess that speedy thing I do in passing lines of traffic isn't so great for my mpgs, but even in the chillier weather, like this weekend, I did about 44 mpg or so. I do a little less during the week, but I can't complain. They do rate the car as 44/44, so I am right up there. Of course, I did better in the Spring and Summer. I now have 7695 miles on my car and I am still very happy. The leather seats are so comfy and I really enjoy the driving a lot. I thought I loved my 2005 HCH, but this takes the Honda love to a much higher level. I still don't know how some of the things work in my car. For example, I have to figure out how to put on the fastest wipers for when we get a deluge of rain. I already figured out the defrosters fro front and rear. I have not played with customizing the MIDI. I am just worried how I will be driving at night in the rain, now that I can't get fog lights for my car. Yes, I did buy them for the 2005. I loved the fog lights. Hopefully, the driving will still be safe with those LEDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts