9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got done with the 2012 Si @dagocrazy drove up for some testing. We did a 92 octane and an E85 tune right after. Using Dyno dynamics dyno in Oregon. Here are the results!

Pump gas results: 218whp/190wtq

E85 results: 225whp/200wtq

Pump gas vs E85

And of course, we love to compare to the 8th gen... pump gas vs pump gas, same dyno. The 8th gen dyno is literally my own 08 Civic Si from about 3 years ago when it had bolt ons (i/h/e).

·
Registered
908 Posts
vit i'm assuming... this dyno has some rpm pickup issues or something? It looks like it's a solid 500 rpms off or so.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What are the mods on the 9th gen?

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
115 Posts
So do you have a way to run dual maps? Or do you have to flash the rom each time you want to switch?

Also how is the MPG for E85? Throw some boost with the E85 and it will make you smile!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I believe the 9th gen has an intake, downpipe, RBC and injectors to run the E85.

I don't know whta else he has.

*edit: he modified his car to run an 8thgen AEM CAI.

So he has:

8thgen AEM CAI
RBC
550cc Injectors
HFC downpipe

Not sure of anything else.

·
Registered
93 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
HFC downpipe?
What company is that?
Interesting numbers.
Got me thinking on tuning with E85 now
He's got only 5 more HP than me, 20 more wheel trq.....
Hmmmmm Interesting

·
Registered
908 Posts
HFC = high flow cat

Just think that you'll gain around 10 wtq from what you're currently making, that dyno is a little torque happy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
HFC downpipe?
What company is that?
Interesting numbers.
Got me thinking on tuning with E85 now
He's got only 5 more HP than me, 20 more wheel trq.....
Hmmmmm Interesting

I'm pretty sure the HFC means "High Flow Cat".

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
HFC = high flow cat

Just think that you'll gain around 10 wtq from what you're currently making, that dyno is a little torque happy.
Wait. So I don't gain more than 10trq?
I'm confused!?!?!

·
Registered
908 Posts
If the test car gained 10 tq, why would you magically gain tons more? Dyno's read differently around the world. Whatever dyno you're on read you at 179 wtq with your mods. This dyno read him at 190 wtq without e85. See what i'm getting at?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vit i'm assuming... this dyno has some rpm pickup issues or something? It looks like it's a solid 500 rpms off or so.
Yes, it's a dyno dynamics, the way the RPM is determined isn't the best, so it's not 100% accurate on the RPM break points. It's 7500 rpm @ the end.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

8th gen AEM CAI
RBC IM
F-R 3" exhaust
3" RV6 catted DP
550cc injectors (on loan from me ;) )

So do you have a way to run dual maps? Or do you have to flash the rom each time you want to switch?

Also how is the MPG for E85? Throw some boost with the E85 and it will make you smile!
FlashPro holds 2 maps.

·
Registered
833 Posts

I have ultimate catted downpipe , full race exhaust, rbc intake and an 8th gen cai by aem, also deatchworks.(sp) 550cc injectors for the e85

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks again Vit for all your hard work. The car runs fantasic now. Much more power and I got 35mpg on the ride home! I had a blast up there in portland. Your tunes are impecable and your hospitality was refreshing. I hope I can get the k20 head and make another trip.To anyone thinking about pulling the trigger and getting your civic etuned by Vit I would highly recomend it.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,768 Posts
Awesome ****!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ok so 7whp and 10wtrq. Got it.
Just with E85. Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is awesome!...But, what about all that fuss people make about E85, or ethanol in general, eating away at certain rubbers and metals in the fuel system? Are you only running E85 for short periods, or have you seen any issues in running it?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Did anybody else notice the description in the first picture says 06 WRX?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts