9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a 2013 civic si. When I release the brake pedal, it clunks fairly loudly. At the pedal or even at the firewall.Did a search and couldn't find anything so sorry if I missed anything. Is this something anyone has dealt with and is there a fix? Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to this forum.. I bought a 2014honda civix coupe and whenever I press the brake pedal and release it it clunks.. it is not the normal clunk that you wpould get when the pedal hits the rubber stop.. this clunk is coming from behind the firewall before the brake reaches its stop... brakes amd rotors are new and there is no play in them and pads are not shifting.. besides.. the noise does not come from the brakes ..I already check.. it comes from.the brake booster.... I heard some people jad the same problem amd dealership said.. yup.. you giessed it... NORMAL.. well it sounds like shit.. has anyone experienced this on your civic? the npise happens at all times.. moving and not moving.. park.. neutral.. doesnt matter.. thr noise is always there... hete is a video of the clunk
You Tube

1 - 6 of 6 Posts