9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am currently having a serious issue with my civic si.

I am currently full bolts on running e85.
I have a k-tuned Master cylinder kit and a stage 4 action clutch with a light weight flywheel.

My issues:

First gear is very very jerky at the lower rpms.
Third gear for some odd reason has started to crunch when shifting while in vtec or at high rpms. it goes into gear it just doesn't do it without making a scene.
fifth gear has total locked me out of my gear when upshifting. While down shifting its like butter.

I am going to be bleeding my clutch and my tranny fluids next weekend when I get paid, its just something is telling me that my synchros are fried and my speed racer habits are catching up to me.

If that is the case I will have to see if how much is would cost to make these repairs. I just haven't been able to find synchros for the K24 only the k20 (am i missing some here).

Need some advice and help, like are my synchros done and if so how much is this going to cost?
I have put a lot of time into the car and its making decent power for me and I love it.
However if push comes to shove and I cant support my life style any more I don't mind having to sell it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've heard from Gear X, that it's better to use the old synchros than putting new syncrotech ones. They also said if the stock ones are bad, it's ok to use the syncrotech ones, cause to get OEM you have to buy the gears too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've heard from Gear X, that it's better to use the old synchros than putting new syncrotech ones. They also said if the stock ones are bad, it's ok to use the syncrotech ones, cause to get OEM you have to buy the gears too.
I got some advice from a few people, I am postive the syncrhos are bad 3rd gear and 5th gear. I dont want to have to replace gears but if itll prevent this from happening it might be my only option.

EDIT: If i can aviod buying gears I will. Not really looking to do anything more to this car. If the gears arent ****, ill just be replace the synchros.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got some advice from a few people, I am postive the syncrhos are bad 3rd gear and 5th gear. I dont want to have to replace gears but if itll prevent this from happening it might be my only option.

EDIT: If i can aviod buying gears I will. Not really looking to do anything more to this car. If the gears arent ****, ill just be replace the synchros.

Hey guys, I have the same problem on my stock 12’ si. On higher Rpms im getting this kind of a crunch/hard type of thing going into gears specially around (3rd,4thgear) on (6-7krpm).
I hope someone can give me an answer on how to deal with this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a k-tuned Master cylinder kit and a stage 4 action clutch with a light weight flywheel.

My issues:

Third gear for some odd reason has started to crunch when shifting while in vtec or at high rpms. it goes into gear it just doesn't do it without making a scene.
fifth gear has total locked me out of my gear when upshifting. While down shifting its like butter.

I am going to be bleeding my clutch and my tranny fluids next weekend when I get paid, its just something is telling me that my synchros are fried and my speed racer habits are catching up to me.

If that is the case I will have to see if how much is would cost to make these repairs. I just haven't been able to find synchros for the K24 only the k20 (am i missing some here).

Need some advice and help, like are my synchros done and if so how much is this going to cost?
I have put a lot of time into the car and its making decent power for me and I love it.
However if push comes to shove and I cant support my life style any more I don't mind having to sell it.

My issues:

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have the same problem on my stock 12’ si. On higher Rpms im getting this kind of a crunch/hard type of thing going into gears specially around (3rd,4thgear) on (6-7krpm).
I hope someone can give me an answer on how to deal with this. Thank you in advance.
you figured out the problem? im dealing with the same thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts