9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Civic Si Intake Development

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  BWill9886 
#1 ·
Hi forum, my name is John Glass, I am an engineer at R2C Performance Products in Vernon Hills, Illinois. We are looking to develop a new intake for the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Gen Civic Si and are looking for help from a vehicle owner. If you would be interested in helping out we would ask you to make a series of visits to our office with your vehicle, you are able to stick around and watch the entire process, we will not ask you to leave your car here nor will we ask to drive your vehicle for any reason.

The first visit would allow us to take a 3D image of your engine bay to use during the design process along with taking critical measurements of engine components.

Second (and maybe third) visit would be to fit-up a working prototype onto your vehicle to check fitment. This can usually stay on your vehicle and will provide the same benefits as the final intake.

Final visit will allow us to install the final production model onto your vehicle and take installation photos to be used on the website as well as the installation instructions. You can then keep the final product in your choice of finish.

If anyone is interested in participating or has any questions about the process or R2C Performance feel free to email me at jglass@r2cperformance.com. I can only accept one volunteer so I will attempt to contact those in the order I receive email responses.

Thanks forum,
John

See less See more
#3 ·
With most vehicles we rely on independent shops or owners to do the before and after dyno comparison tests. We will usually provide an intake to those we selected to do the test and allow them to install and run the car as they would, then they will provide us of their findings. This allows us to get results from an intake installed by an owner just as it would be for our customers. This provides results from a realistic application without the favorable environment of an in house dyno test.

#4 ·
Do you plan on making one that's compatible with the RBC? And also a cold air or short ram?

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I will have to do some research on the differences between RBC and factory setups. We will focus primarily on the factory setup but if there is a way to create a compatibility it will be looked into during the design process. We create short ram intakes that are separated from engine heat by an airbox, while pulling cooler air through your factory inlets.

#6 ·
Interesting. Well I've got an RBC. We'll keep in touch. My cars already modded though. Will that make a difference? Also I'm in central indiana

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I have a 13 si coupe. I live close to skokie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.