9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is why my family rolls in Hondas! I'd rather pay for a safer ride and a little bit cheaper ride that has tons of bells and whistles at the cost of safety compromises. Just makes sense.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not much of a difference coz its still the same frame
For 2013, Honda added a beam to the front of the frame that protects from frontal offset crashes. That's why the 2013's weigh about 100 pounds more than the 2012. The 2013 performs better in the frontal offset crash test that is now conducted on all new cars.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I own 4 Hondas and I guess safety wasnt always my reason for buying them but what a bonus.Daughters have 09 Fit 06 Accord wifes 11 civic and my 2013 EX coupe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
All of you curious about the 2012 models, don't worry. Since 2006, the Civic has had Honda's ACE Body Structure, ...and today all Honda's. It was designed specifically for these type of collisions. All manufacturers have the front crumple zone protection, but because of that feature, the small overlap and offset collision types are compromised. Be proud and feel safe that your Honda is the only manufacturer with this type of protection, ...among other Honda exclusive safety features.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts