9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hate the look of this thing from the side and rear...looks like some weird hybrid of a crz and crx and geo metro
whoaa geo metro? thats sacrilege! idk about ya but i like this thing from the bottom up and side to side. wouldnt drop my Shinyu for it but sure would consider it if the price was right and was still a daily functional vehicle. Hope Shinyu doesnt read this...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Here's my take. The guy quoted in the article was a little ambiguous. I think more likely than the type r coming here in full, they might put the type r engine in the next gen SI. Because we DO know that the 2.0 turbo engine is coming to the states. Im pretty sure that was confirmed. But the precedent that was set before was, each market that a type r has been in was pretty different from other type Rs in different markets. Most notably the FD2 and the EP3 and the FN2. So IF the type r was brought here in full body, i think it would be a different body style than europe. Just a guess.

but its not a huge deal to me because ive always liked the Japanese type Rs, and the more recent euro civic type R was a huge letdown according to the critics. And since the civic is dead in japan, i don't feel like the UK civic type r makes me drool over it. My si is fine for now.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
For somebody like me who needs a functional back seat I'd have to see for myself if the backseat is usable or not.
Looking at the rear I do like the bumper on up, the spoiler is a bit over the top but I can get use to it the bumper on down I don't like as much. The diffuser I'm not crazy about the look and the quad exhaust tip is overdone.
That doesn't look like it'd be the 'standard' back end, but a body kit, also judging by the rocker panel covers.

I actually like the looks of the whole thing, body kit or not.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
That doesn't look like it'd be the 'standard' back end, but a body kit, also judging by the rocker panel covers.

I actually like the looks of the whole thing, body kit or not.
Okay so the second last pic would be without the body kit than which I actually like better because it is cleaner

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
"Ah se, ah say, listen son... Must ah explain the situation here? Save your, ah say, save your money instead by maximizing mods on your current ride. By the time, ah say, by the time you maxed out modifying your ride, you'll have an equal to, if not, ah say, you'll have an equal to or faster ride than the Civic Type R. To makes things sweeter, put it to, ah say, put it to sleeper mode when your project is complete to burn, ah say, burn any competition."

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
^^ Thank you, Foghorn Leghorn. :)

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
"Ah se, ah say, listen son... Must ah explain the situation here? Save your, ah say, save your money instead by maximizing mods on your current ride. By the time, ah say, by the time you maxed out modifying your ride, you'll have an equal to, if not, ah say, you'll have an equal to or faster ride than the Civic Type R. To makes things sweeter, put it to, ah say, put it to sleeper mode when your project is complete to burn, ah say, burn any competition."

Nailed I say you nailed it son.LMFAO

·
Registered
110 Posts

That's true, but then you would not have a manufacturer warranty for all your go-fast parts, you would not have a hatch (for those of us who want hatches) and for us in the freezing North, you would likely not be insured. Sometimes it's just not practical to go aftermarket for performance.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
That's true, but then you would not have a manufacturer warranty for all your go-fast parts, you would not have a hatch (for those of us who want hatches) and for us in the freezing North, you would likely not be insured. Sometimes it's just not practical to go aftermarket for performance.
Don't forget you won't have active rear suspension either.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That's where you wait 'til your manufacturer's warranty is up or your mileage quota is reached or both. For whatever reason, patience is always the key. The world will not stop because your manufacturer's warranty gets voided. You don't have to customize if you worry about voiding warranty. You can wait, save up, then do so after warranty's over. If you're keeping your car because you love it, why put yourself in another expense of getting another brand new car (unless what you have is crappy or totally broken)? Even if you trade your current car to this revered Type R, you'll still have something left to pay for which may add up (considering that you could've been halfway or fully paid on your loan by the time it even gets here). Even with the power you have at hand (in case you get one) it won't satisfy you and you'll just end up modifying it. You can even see in this forum a lot of our members who have modified their Civics yet still under warranty (because when something goes wrong they put back every stock parts before going back to the dealer). It's inevitable and people are talking about parts for this already so what's the point of getting it? If performance is what you're looking for, might as well go for a freakin' supercar if you want it real fast. Because race car. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Don't forget you won't have active rear suspension either.

Well, that's why you get a specific car for your specific need. If it won't suffice, then I guess there's no end in needing to have everything. What we need is alien technology to satisfy our thirst for whatever advances we have our way. A vehicle like those Transformers that does not require anything but can keep ahead of technology. And it drives for you. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's where you wait 'til your manufacturer's warranty is up or your mileage quota is reached or both. For whatever reason, patience is always the key. The world will not stop because your manufacturer's warranty gets voided. You don't have to customize if you worry about voiding warranty. You can wait, save up, then do so after warranty's over. If you're keeping your car because you love it, why put yourself in another expense of getting another brand new car (unless what you have is crappy or totally broken)? Even if you trade your current car to this revered Type R, you'll still have something left to pay for which may add up (considering that you could've been halfway or fully paid on your loan by the time it even gets here). Even with the power you have at hand (in case you get one) it won't satisfy you and you'll just end up modifying it. You can even see in this forum a lot of our members who have modified their Civics yet still under warranty (because when something goes wrong they put back every stock parts before going back to the dealer). It's inevitable and people are talking about parts for this already so what's the point of getting it? If performance is what you're looking for, might as well go for a freakin' supercar if you want it real fast. Because race car. 'Nuff said.

That is absolutely true, but if you want a faster car today, it would make sense to purchase the Type-R. In addition, no amount of patience will help us in Canada with insuring a modified car.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts