9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda has released a sketch of its next-generation Civic Type-R, which will make its official debut as a concept at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.

Described by the Japanese automaker as a “racing car for the road,” the new Civic Type-R will launch early next year and will feature aggressive styling to go along with its newly-developed turbocharged powerplant. In early development stages, the Civic Type-R features a 2.0-liter engine under the hood that is pushing at least 280 hp.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Honda Civic Type-R Revealed During Latest Shakedown Tests

Coming standard on the Civic Type-R will be a six-speed manual transmission, and rumor has it that Honda will want to push close to 300 hp if not more for the model. Expect the chassis to be significantly widened compared to the standard Civic while sporting adaptive rear dampers, which is available as an option on the new Civic Tourer.

Honda has already said it expects the Civic Type R to be the fastest front-drive car around the Nurburgring and this package appears to deliver the styling to match.
Read the complete story on the Civic Type R at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
I like the shaved rear door handle appearance.

I wonder why Honda won't sell a 5-door hatchback here in North America?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Intwesting, I wonder what it'll be

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
Looks like a friggin' wet dream.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's such bullshit that they don't sell the type r in the US. There's definitely a market for it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would say that this is much more likely to happen than having the Type R in the states.
You're probably right. I will gladly settle for the boosted 2 liter in the si even if we can't have type r. Honda needs to step there game up and throw a turbo in the si. That's what their competitors are doing. This article doesn't mention anything about a turbo but I've read other articles suggesting it's a possibility so I'm just assuming the type r motor will be boosted.

·
Registered
389 Posts
From what I've read, Honda has made it really clear that they're putting serious thought into bringing this to the US market.. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You're probably right. I will gladly settle for the boosted 2 liter in the si even if we can't have type r. Honda needs to step there game up and throw a turbo in the si. That's what their competitors are doing. This article doesn't mention anything about a turbo but I've read other articles suggesting it's a possibility so I'm just assuming the type r motor will be boosted.
The type r motor has a turbo setup so it's boosted...

·
Registered
199 Posts
The type r motor has a turbo setup so it's boosted...
That's what I thought. It's always amazed me that with all of honda's USDM models, not one comes available with a turbo. Although I guess you can count the Acura rdx.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts