9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
if they can keep it under $30k it will likely do very well, and I will strongly consider trading the Si.

please Honda, please!!!!

I can promise you it wouldn't be under $30k if released in the U.S.

prolly closer to a $34-36k starting price...

·
Registered
763 Posts
I might be in the minority here but I'm not crazy about that look. Car looks too futuristic for me and the backend is too busy, I like my cars clean. Anyways it is a concept so I doubt the finish product will look like that, it will probably get watered down.

Well to me, the rear end on the concept looks a whole lot better than the Euro-Civic with a wing that we see right now. What really makes the concept drawing work for me are the proportions - low and wide. But of course the real thing will be taller and narrower. The tail lights are hot, IMO, much better than the stock Euro-Civic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It will never happen. This car is manufactured in Europe for that market. It is not a variant of a model already offered in the US. They would have to go through all of the safety, mpg and tons of paperwork and money to be able to sell it on North American soil.

If they would put the motor and transmission in the civic we have this may be possible, otherwise this is nothing more than a dream.

If they were to do it, that would be a plan to bring the entire lineup of Euro spec civics to us, not just to sell a handful of cars with no meaning. Remember that manufacturers do this kind of cars to make their "normal" model more desirable. Many people then buy the watered down version thinking they own the type r beast. So a type r version on a different chassis makes no sense on a marketing level, which is the only thing taken into consideration when corporations make decisions.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It will never happen. This car is manufactured in Europe for that market. It is not a variant of a model already offered in the US. They would have to go through all of the safety, mpg and tons of paperwork and money to be able to sell it on North American soil.

If they would put the motor and transmission in the civic we have this may be possible, otherwise this is nothing more than a dream.

If they were to do it, that would be a plan to bring the entire lineup of Euro spec civics to us, not just to sell a handful of cars with no meaning. Remember that manufacturers do this kind of cars to make their "normal" model more desirable. Many people then buy the watered down version thinking they own the type r beast. So a type r version on a different chassis makes no sense on a marketing level, which is the only thing taken into consideration when corporations make decisions.
Um yea sure thing Mr CEO/Shot caller....

·
Registered
182 Posts
By attacking the person and not what is said. Looks like a trend with you, you did the same thing on a different thread this week. Your comment was just irrelevant.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Guys can we please not do the whole back and forth arguing. In all reality no one really cares but the two people having an useless discussion of who was right/wrong. So here's a picture of a nice ass for all of us to enjoy!

Her name is Robin

41 - 60 of 102 Posts