9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where was your cars final assembly done at?

I'm curious to see how many of the new Civics are coming from which assembly plant.
Ours came from the Canada plant and I'm in FL.
Did yours come from Canada or Indiana? (For those that may not know where to look, either your window sticker or inside your door)

Obviously those in Canada I'm sure got it from Canada, but would be interesting to see if anyone in Canada got one from Indiana.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can also tell by the vin#. If your 2012 Civic vin# starts with a "1" then it was made in Greensburg, Indiana. If your 2012 Civic vin# starts with a "2" then it was made in Alliston, Ontario, Canada. All Civic coupes and Si's (regardless if sedan or coupe) are made exclusively in Alliston, Ontario. Additionally, all Civic's sold in Canada are made in Canada. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we get a mixture of both Indiana and Canada made Civic's out here. We used to get Civic's from the East Liberty, Ohio plant years ago but they no longer make Civic's there (Indiana took over production in 2008).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Where was your cars final assembly done at?
(For those that may not know where to look, either your window sticker or inside your door)
I feel kinda silly for asking this but could you post a picture of where exactly this would be located?

Just read @sivik's post and mines from Alliston, Ontario, Canada. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel kinda silly for asking this but could you post a picture of where exactly this would be located?

Just read @sivik's post and mines from Alliston, Ontario, Canada. :)

The vin # info was something I didnt know and pretty cool to know. As far as what I said, if you open your drivers side door theres a sticker there that has all of the info on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Built in Indiana. Good to know it was built in a plant that got a platinum award.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Built in Indiana. Good to know it was built in a plant that got a platinum award.
Always good to hear something like that....of course I think of Honda as platinum as it is.
It's like if someone wanted to give me a new higher end expensive Chevy for free or I buy the Civic I have now......I'd buy the Honda. lol

·
Banned
251 Posts
Mine will be from the great white north too... Either US or Canadian, they will all be built and tested to the same high Honda standards, I wouldn't care either way.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just want mine built, packed and shipped!!! Then here comes the happy face...I hope! lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Japan- Well at least that's what my dealer told me. I think it's actually assembled in Canada though. Idk for sure though
Certain parts come from Japan, but yea the final assembly is in either Indiana or Canada.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts