9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Honda Civic lx coupe and want to put new wheels on it. But I I don’t have coil overs to lower the car. What size wheel should I get to make the car not look ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sticky at the top of this forum with hundreds of examples.
You have to keep the overall diameter close to stock so you are going to have the same wheel gap you do now unless you lower it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another good suggestion is to stick with a flat faced wheel, with spokes that reach the lip, same as OEM width and offset, and proper tires that will match OEM overall diameter. Hint Hint-if you research your specific cars accessory wheels offered at the dealership, you can get your tire size and width that will keep that “stock” look. Like HFP wheels, check their offset and width, copy that for an aftermarket stock look. That shouldn’t compromise your wheel gap. Don’t go too large or your going to have skinny tires=might as well slam it, you bought the wheels and tires already. Shake head avoid that happening to yourself if you don’t want it low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another good suggestion is to stick with a flat faced wheel, with spokes that reach the lip, same as OEM width and offset, and proper tires that will match OEM overall diameter. Hint Hint-if you research your specific cars accessory wheels offered at the dealership, you can get your tire size and width that will keep that “stock” look. Like HFP wheels, check their offset and width, copy that for an aftermarket stock look. That shouldn’t compromise your wheel gap. Don’t go too large or your going to have skinny tires=might as well slam it, you bought the wheels and tires already. Shake head avoid that happening to yourself if you don’t want it low.
Ok thanks I’ll keep that in mind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts