9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo.. I was washing my car today and was spraying it off after i had washed it (regular hose, not pressure).. and all of a sudden a big chunk of paint flew off! I had just gotten my mirror fixed a couple weeks ago after being hit, and now this!.. Does anyone know if warranty would cover something like this? Its like it was a weak spot in the paint or something..

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ugh - all you can do is complain loudly to the dealer and hope they help... but it looks like a really bad paint job. That looks like paint defect totally, hopefully they'll make it right for you.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Darn that sucks. Thats a nice chunk too. I would complain about it, but I can almost guarantee you they'll tell you they cant do anything. Wont know until you try though.

Did you have a coat of wax and/or paint sealer on the car at all?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
that really sucks. hopefully they do something about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same thing happened to me. The edges where the fender and bumper meets, both sides were peeling on the 2nd week. So, I took it backed to the dealership and they fixed the problem. I kept checking the edges were the bumper and fenders meet, and it happened AGAIN! So, I took it in the 2nd time and they painted it again. This time there isn't any issues with the fenders and bumper rubbing to have the paint peel. But, from what I see, the paint on the bumper is a factory defect; there no primer underneath the plastic either to have it stick to the body. HONDA really did cut cost on this CIVC from what I see. I believe everyone should be carefully checking their edges on their 2012 CIVIC to see if their paint is peeling.

Take it back to the dealer and explain the paint just peeled off. And have them repaint the WHOLE BUMPER. Cause PAINT should not be CHIPPING from only owning it for 6+ months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
pretty scary ive never seen this happen to any of my hondas, did you respray bumper or is it factory still? very rare

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
woah, thaats pretty bad... i washed my car like 2 wks ago and no problems.. hope your dealer canfix this or something. you want t o get that fixed fast otherwise, the edges of that peel will peel more n get larger which could lead to a new paint job overall.. keep us posted on this problem man

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is all the original paint.. no wax or anything else on it.. i'm taking it in tomorrow to see what they say.. hope they'll fix it because my car is only 2 months old as of tomorrow! a little too early for something like this just to happen..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll definitely keep an eye on mine, thanks for posting this. I just waxed my car at a friend's house about a week and a half ago, didn't notice anything. Usually I never have time or space to wash it on my own. I live in an apartment, and the parking lot is constantly full of people so there are always cars coming and going. I tried it one time and someone pulled up right next to me, nearly hitting me while I was washing the bottom part of the door.

Now I'll just take it through an automatic car wash every couple of weeks or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i took my car to the dealership today and they had a look at it... they said it looks as though whatever they use for like a primer? (i'm not car savvy) is not on the bumper, or at least in that spot. they are going to fix it for me under warranty thank goodness. they are going to peel the spot back more to see if the whole bumper is that way or just a small area, and will paint the whole thing if needed.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That's great that they're doing you right. Its so obvious there's nothing to hold the paint to that spot from the way it peeled.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
it's good that they'll fix it for free

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bubble in Paint anyone delt with honda warranty for paint?

Washed and waxed car for the first time found a bubble and paint is starting to flake off. Set up for inspection tommorow. Only thing is i HATE paint shops!!!!! I have never found a shop that can do what a machine can do (factory paint job). They told me I would have to go to a shop to be repainted. I rather just use a touch up pen and call it good but... I would want some sort of comp. for the bad paint job on the fender. Anyone gone through this. Did someone else have honda do something else than have them paint it? Can honda order a prepainted fender?

2012 honda CIVIC SI - small so hard to see bubble but present

·
Registered
44 Posts
Man I feel for ya, this is one of the fears I have for when my Civic arrives.
So scared there's going to be a paint defect on mine... Already seen some brand new Civics out on the dealership with paint chips on the edges between the panels.

Hope you get everything sorted out with no trouble on your end.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I a have been googling this issue, man is google scareing the [email protected]! out of me. Alot of honda owners that get this the bubbles keep on coming and paint keeps on flaking. Please dont let this happen to me PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Damn Justin so sorry to see this!! I hope that this stops and doesn't continue. I agree factory paint job can't really ever be duplicated!! You said its on the fender, where at on the fender it's so hard to tell from pic. Hang in there and lets hope this is a one time thing, keep us informed on what happens, good luck :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
189 Posts
Left front fender all the way up front on the tip. A perfect spot for a dealer to say thats just a rock chip. Fingers crossed to tommorow everything goes smooth :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
That sucks man i have been through mine no bubbles just dirt that i had to clay bar off but that is normal, have noticed that the paint/clear coat does not appear as thick as on my 06 accord v6, maybe they are skimping on the paint this year ha!:pat:

1 - 20 of 590 Posts