9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look into it on YouTube. It's going on rampantly. It's law and order gone corrupt in the worst way. YOU are subject to it. Fight it. Too many cops and cop departments are corrupt. Drain the swamp. This can affect you soon and at any time you travel or even don't travel. Nobody ever plans on it happening but it's rampant.

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's right. There was some progress made in curtailing civil forfeiture during the Obama administration, when then-Attorney General Eric Holder placed limits on it; but in the current administration, Jeff Sessions reversed Holder's policy, and the Republican Congress stripped anti-forfeiture amendments out of the omnibus spending bill earlier this year in spite of unanimous House votes against the practice. So they talked the talk, but when it came down to it they didn't walk the walk.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Moved to Water Cooler.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sorry, mod. I'm new here and didn't realize I was responding to a miscategorized post. Won't happen again, scout's honor.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Sorry, mod. I'm new here and didn't realize I was responding to a miscategorized post. Won't happen again, scout's honor.
You did nothing wrong. No apologies necessary.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's right. There was some progress made in curtailing civil forfeiture during the Obama administration, when then-Attorney General Eric Holder placed limits on it; but in the current administration, Jeff Sessions reversed Holder's policy, and the Republican Congress stripped anti-forfeiture amendments out of the omnibus spending bill earlier this year in spite of unanimous House votes against the practice. So they talked the talk, but when it came down to it they didn't walk the walk.
You're right about what has and has not taken place. Getting a politician to ditch a source of money and assets is just another manifestation of greed. That's why I plan on getting a dashcam. They record you so they should be recorded. Youtube also indicates they don't like to be recorded. What does that tell you? What has Sessions done that's "the right thing to do"? He's a waste of tax dollars. I really what he does on a typical "work day".

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last month The Supreme Court pretty much shot down civil forfeiture. I mean "police theft". Is it any wonder people don't like or trust policemen? Look at what happened in Houston lately. Bunch of liars.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Got into an argument with a criminal justice teacher one time over this. Profiting off drug users, no better than the dealers themselves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts