9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Really old post I know, but for those of you who live in an apartment, look at your building to see if it has a hose spigot that is near any of the available parking lots. chances are there is one. Buy a 75 foot or longer hose and you are set. Most places will not say a word. When you are done with the hose, connect the male end to the female so it does not leak water everywhere and you can store it inside your apartment.
^^^^^^Great idea.!

·
Registered
360 Posts

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,254 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wash with dawn

Use hose only ( no pressure washer unless car us soaked in road salt)

While wet, use clay bar in up and down or side to side motion only, then wash off with water.

Dry car with soft white 100% cotton towel and then a fine microfiber cloth on all glass.

Use a paint conditioner and sealant to Oreo the car for a good polish.

Polish the car, let dry and wipe off with clean 109% cotton cloth that's not abrasive.

Apply second coat of polish let dry for 1 hr then wipe off and use orbital polisher set to 1500 rpm's only!!!

Then spray on a gloss enhancer for the final touch...

The result? .......

ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455100.417427.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455134.104504.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455134.104504.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455172.812504.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455188.580108.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1398455205.207419.jpg

It's all for the LOVE of Honda.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Definitely recommend the 2-bucket method each with a grit guard.
Soap preference is Meguiar's Gold or Armor All wash and wax. Dawn is only used for stripping car down (wax and all; works great for when clay bar'ing the car too. Be sure to wax car after this wash as Dawn strips all wax. I don't recommend and never do gas station washes at all whether it be touchless or not. The chemical solutions they use commercially is too strong for the paint and clear coat. STAY AWAY!!

Wax preference: Meguair's NXT Tech wax 2.0. Absolutely the best. Easy on and easy off. Impressive shine that lasts. Also use Meguiar's Quick wax and Quick detail regularly in between.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use the black magic high foam, have 2 wash mitts one extra plush and one microfiber, hand wash one section at a time dry with chamy wax with turtle spray on black wax then use water only on windows dry with microfiber cloth. And it looks like this after

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just some old pictures:
Just the pressure washer (car is coated so it came 90%+ clean)

Some freshly applied Turtle Wax Jet Black Endura Shine Tire Coat (still going strong 50+ days later)

After Ultima Waterless Wash+

After Adam's Rinseless Wash:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my Modern Steel '15 Sedan LX about a month ago! Only used Meguiar's Gold Class wash and Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Will be stripping that wax after some research when my Chemical Guys products come in :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
2013 EX sedan, Crimson Pearl....

I had Opti-Coat Pro sealant applied to my EX last March, so washing is a breeze. Two bucket system, with grit guards in both buckets using ONR (Optimum No Rinse) car wash. Good quality sheepskin mitt and wipe in the
direction the wind blows over the car (NEVER in circle motion). Dry with 2 waffle weave drying towels, than finish off with Optimum Instant Detailer Spray and DONE!!! Looks amazing! Simple and easy. NO NEED for a hose or rinsing! Takes me 25-30 minutes and thats NOT rushing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Major wash!

I hate to admit it but my Si has been a dirty girl for the past couple of weeks. I haven't had the time to do a wash/clay/wax, but thankfully I'll have time this week. I was wondering what y'all's favorite/preferred soaps, mitts, wax, sealants etc that you use. Also I live in West Texas (mostly desert area) and my wheels and wheel wells tend to get a lot of dirt attached to them. Any ideas on how to take all if not most of it off and hopefully keep it off. Any ideas/tips yall have would be great thanks.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
41 - 60 of 137 Posts