9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would start with a warm damp rag.

Take a clean rag, run it under the hottest water u can withstand, then ring it out well.

Put it on the stained location(s) immediately, start with directly pressing and dabbing the area slightly. Try to soak up as much as possible without trying to "wipe" it up. You are trying to absorb as much of the sauce as possible, you don't want to smear it around by wiping it.

After you've done a few rounds of that and absorb as much as possible, you can then proceed to try and wipe up anything still visible and clean the area.

You can do this with a warm damp rag as well, if needed you can add something like 'Shout' on the rag the help remove any deep or stubborn staining. Once you have the rag rung out, simply just spray a couple shots of Shout directly onto the rag and let it soak in for a moment. Then apply.

'Tuff Stuff' is a good stain removing product as well, I would save this more for a last resort tho.

Hope you learned a lesson about eating food in the car lol.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thought id share some advice,you dont have to take me seriously but seems you care about your cars interior so...

Best thing you can do here is quit giving your daughter marinara sauce in the backseat lol. I know its hard not to give your kids what they want but i made a rule when I bough my SI, no eating in the car, no exceptions.

I remember smacking a buddy upside his head for being drunk and spilling his drink in my accord, couldn't imagine what i would've done in the SI.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Woolite. It may be your best friend in a situation like this.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Might not be a bad ideal to try a small test spot with any cleaners you decide on using just to make sure they don't cause any permanent fading or discoloring. I have little experience with interior/fabric cleaning but I always read that you should try a small test spot to be safe. I bet you will be fine but rather be safe than sorry. Good luck with getting it cleaned up!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I always use Tuff Stuff for cleaning stains in the interior, BUT, the seat fabric on our Si's is... weird... and material likes to get buried deep in the fibers. I don't know a good solution other than maybe a professional shampoo/vacuum device.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone already said this, but it blows my mind that marinara sauce can be spilled in the car lol. But I don't have kids, so I don't really understand and can't judge.

Just to add some positive thoughts to the thread though, have you considered getting a seat cover for the backseat? Since it's inevitable that you will have your kid back there eating, maybe it's your best option to prevent stains from happening in the first place. And you can always take it off when you don't have the kid or what not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are of course many ways, one of them is baking soda, it needs to be mixed, tinctured, well in general a difficult and long process, and most importantly you can scratch the entire surface! I advise you to do it with steam, everything will be perfectly clean and most importantly nothing will be spoiled, my wife so kitchen cleaning!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts