9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else hear the clunking from the trunk area when driving slow on bumpy roads? almost sounds like bad strut mounts, but seeing as the car is brand new....just wondering if this is normal, I cant seem to isolate the noise, but only hear it when the rear wheels hit cracks / bumps in the road while driving slow..
thanks

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
To me, it kinda sounds as if I have loose change annoys me so much! I know how you feel :pout:

·
Registered
276 Posts
anyone else hear the clunking from the trunk area when driving slow on bumpy roads? almost sounds like bad strut mounts, but seeing as the car is brand new....just wondering if this is normal, I cant seem to isolate the noise, but only hear it when the rear wheels hit cracks / bumps in the road while driving slow..
thanks
Could it be something loose in where the spare is? I had a car where the jack was loose. Pretty annoying for sure.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Yeh certainly a nuisance i'd say check everything is strapped down. In my case I think its something behind the dash that wasn't secured properly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yes, I also have a static/popping sound from the a-pillar on drivers side when i first drive off and over bumps, goes away after a few mins.... but the rear trunk area clunking over bumps is the worst...gonna go take spare and jack out then test drive again....

removed everything but spare tire... noise still present over bumps, definately something to do with the tires/suspension on these cars...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also check the trunk lid struts/hinges and general fit; could be a slight adjustment there will solve the problem (if you don't see anything obvious/easy take it into the dealer for review, particularly if you can locate the source of the sound; they'll be much happier spending a few minutes loosening/tightening/adjusting than they will having to go on a Hunt for Moby Dick that could take hours, or days).

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
303 Posts
anyone else hear the clunking from the trunk area when driving slow on bumpy roads?
thanks
Are you talking about that one deadbeat. He owes me a dime. Or could be the hookers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Eliminate these possible sources of your noise. Inspect the exhaust carefully to be sure all hangers are still in place. Remove the spare tire and tool kit, notorious for causing that sound you describe. Check to make sure your license plate is not making the noise especially if you only have two screws holding it in place. These three are the normal sources of that clunking noise over bumps at low speed.

If none of the above is causing it then take it in to the dealer to have them inspect it for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will do, thanks, i too only had 2 screws holding the plate on, put 4 in but noise still remains...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had clunking sound over bumpy roads from the front end after having the car for 2 weeks. Dealer replaced some parts ( really didn't ask for details) think they even had to change the shocks. Carry it back to the dealer and hear what they say

·
Registered
182 Posts
dude im with you!!!!!! I have that same issue, i thought it was just my imagination until i saw your post. Every once in a while i here a thump as if i have something in my trunk. Right now i actually do but even when i dont i would still hear this. Now im scared lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well im glad im not the only one who hears this .. My car does this too and it drives me freakin crazy!! I havent even seen my spare yet, guess i should take a look and make sure everythings tied down well...

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Mine's in the glovebox area... almost seems as though its in the engine compartment.. should bring it in when i have time....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts