9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just had a quick question. We just replaced the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and passenger axle on my fb6 and everything felt great. I was getting a slight vibration in 2nd around 15-20 and it would go away, paid no mind to it. Went for a cruise to try to break it in, axle boot popped on me. Turns out I had a cheap ass axle or something because everything still magically fit. Fast forward to today, finally replaced the axle again on the passenger side and I still feel the vibrating, but a little less then before...is this vibrating part of the break in process? Lmao because at this point I’m praying we don’t have to tear the tranny and clutch back down on a couple of months. I only have about 375 miles on the new clutch. Only reason why I didn’t think much of it is because everything is almost new, little car wants to go ? any feedback appreciated.
...should I check mounts or just keep driving to break in the clutch?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yessir besides axle, axles duralast
My experience (via work) with aftermarket axles is such, that I will not use them.
The build quality of aftermarket c/v joints, particularly the inboard c/v joint has always been questionable. Poor quality inner joints will cause vibration.

Your experience may be different, and in the 8 years since retiring. Aftermarket axle quality may be improved...

If the vibration in your car feels like it is side to side.
One or both inner C/V joints are not telescoping, or changing length with suspension travel.

Oh, to your original question: OEM clutch parts do not require a break-in period...

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the info bro! Car broke at the same spot, axle again on passenger side. Going to just go oem, and raise the car. Should’ve mentioned it is pretty slammed, I’m over it lol! Once the oem axle is slapped back on, and I can take this car more then 50 miles without it breaking, I’ll start lowering it again, especially if the vibration completely clears up. Like original post, oem has lasted me 85k before the boot tore, let’s hope for 85k more. Clutch does feel amazing, still gonna baby it lmao.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! I just had a quick question. We just replaced the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and passenger axle on my fb6 and everything felt great. I was getting a slight vibration in 2nd around 15-20 and it would go away, paid no mind to it. Went for a cruise to try to break it in, axle boot popped on me. Turns out I had a cheap ass axle or something because everything still magically fit. Fast forward to today, finally replaced the axle again on the passenger side and I still feel the vibrating, but a little less then before...is this vibrating part of the break in process? Lmao because at this point I’m praying we don’t have to tear the tranny and clutch back down on a couple of months. I only have about 375 miles on the new clutch. Only reason why I didn’t think much of it is because everything is almost new, little car wants to go ? any feedback appreciated.
...should I check mounts or just keep driving to break in the clutch?
Mounts go soft after 5/8 years old depending on the model had much experience with that wobble at can also be drive shafts 😞

1 - 7 of 7 Posts