9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of buying Clutch Masters FX725 (7.25") Custom Triple Disc Clutch Kit w/ Lightweight Steel Flywheel.
has any one had any experience with these clutches?
i got full build tranny form Gear Driven rated at 850 WHP.
about to turn up boost. I'm at 8 pounds and 350 WHP.
built bottom end. currently has a Clutchmaster FX300.
I pretty sure the clutch is going out and Stoopidcold is in a week so im rushing to get a replacement!
I need help! would hate to buy some thing that's sucks!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I know this doesn't help, but I'm in the same boat as you, but looking at their hybrid twin disc clutch. Best thing I can tell you is looking up on youtube for reviews. I messaged on guy on youtube about their fx725 and he said he had no issues and worked fine.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you too. Im currently on the fx400 but will need to upgrade soon.

I've seen a few high powered guys use the Action Iron Man clutch. Or try out ACT clutch.

Reactions: dz9

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this doesn't help, but I'm in the same boat as you, but looking at their hybrid twin disc clutch. Best thing I can tell you is looking up on youtube for reviews. I messaged on guy on youtube about their fx725 and he said he had no issues and worked fine.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you too. Im currently on the fx400 but will need to upgrade soon.

I've seen a few high powered guys use the Action Iron Man clutch. Or try out ACT clutch.
I did see a few mix reviews on YouTube for clutch master for the double clutch but not the triple! ok as daily to sucks drive on hills and stop light and hard to normally in everyday use! Act clutch I’ll look them up thanks man!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I think I’m going to go with action iron man clutch 800 torque and 1200 hp!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yea, there's a guy I messaged on IG about the iron man; he's pushing in the 500whp range IIRC. He loves it and it's drivable. I was looking at the street iron man clutch.

Reactions: dz9

·
Registered
36 Posts
Eh, the more agressive the clutch, the less life and drivability it has.
Exedy stage 1 held up to near 400whp perfectly. I'm on Exedy stage 2 now. There's some difference (chatter), but not as bad as I expected. I can daily im heavy traffic, with Gear X long first gear.
Exedy said stage 1 is rated at near 500whp. Stage 2 I have no idea.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Eh, the more agressive the clutch, the less life and drivability it has.
Exedy stage 1 held up to near 400whp perfectly. I'm on Exedy stage 2 now. There's some difference (chatter), but not as bad as I expected. I can daily im heavy traffic, with Gear X long first gear.
Exedy said stage 1 is rated at near 500whp. Stage 2 I have no idea.
I always wonder why that is...... I wonder why companies can't add more material the to clutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts