9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a new Fx100 on my 2013 honda civic si. After sending it out to be Installed I received the vehicle back with symptoms of it still somehow slipping. The clutch pedal felt funny. Ex it was good in pressure towards the top but once you got to the bottom it felt like I stepped in a pile of marshmallow. When I would take off the clutch would barely come back up. I somewhat helped it by pumping the clutch pedal multiple times and got full pressure on my clutch pedal while disengaging. Unfortunately the real problem was still occurring. When I would step on the accelerator to accelerate my rpms would jump but my vehicle would just jerk and barely catch up to the rpms. Could this mean my clutch was Installed incorrectly? The clutch was brand new and reviewed by me for any possible defaults in the clutch itself. Is it also possible that I may had burned my nee clutch already since the revs went up higher than the vehicles speed? Could this be maybe they forgot to resurface the fly wheel or adjust something within the kit? Im looking for any possible possibility that could had caused this. I spent money on my clutch and installation already. I dont want to have to do it twice...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Are you sure it's a mechanical issue with the clutch? Are you using the stock flywheel or an aftermarket? It is known issue that non stock flywheel can cause misfire detection to trigger.
Was the clutch line bled properly after install?
Other than that, your only option is to pull it apart to see what's going on inside.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Give it some time. When my FX300 was installed on my supercharged civic, it slipped pretty bad. I even called clutchmasters about this. They told me to give it time and drive it for 500 miles. The more and more I drove it, it slipped less and less. Now I'm making 384whp/312wtq and doesn't slip at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woow I hope this is my case. I even blamed the mechanics who installed it because it feels like if my clutch is glazed or something. Drives good when its cold but once it heats up and driving for more than 30 mins to an hour it starts to slip. Not as bad as when it was before the clutch replacement but still enough to reduce my power and annoy me. My car rn is stock with a fx100. When I first got it it grabs so fucking strong I loved it. Grab point was down low. Now it grabs okay but clutch pedal still feels pretty firm. Also the grab point is all the way at the top after its warm. And feels a bit mushy when all the way pressed to the floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure it's a mechanical issue with the clutch? Are you using the stock flywheel or an aftermarket? It is known issue that non stock flywheel can cause misfire detection to trigger.
Was the clutch line bled properly after install?
Other than that, your only option is to pull it apart to see what's going on inside.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Its a fx100 with the fly wheel whom doesnt require a flash pro meaning it comes oem spec. That way it doesn't cause any misfire detection.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Woow I hope this is my case. I even blamed the mechanics who installed it because it feels like if my clutch is glazed or something. Drives good when its cold but once it heats up and driving for more than 30 mins to an hour it starts to slip. Not as bad as when it was before the clutch replacement but still enough to reduce my power and annoy me. My car rn is stock with a fx100. When I first got it it grabs so fucking strong I loved it. Grab point was down low. Now it grabs okay but clutch pedal still feels pretty firm. Also the grab point is all the way at the top after its warm. And feels a bit mushy when all the way pressed to the floor.
maybe the clutch system wasn't bled correctly.

I thought the same thing, I thought clutch was glazed. Try calling CM directly and get their opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe the clutch system wasn't bled correctly.

I thought the same thing, I thought clutch was glazed. Try calling CM directly and get their opinion.
So yours slipped after a new clutch right? And then managed to work again on its own or did you do anything to fix it

·
Registered
212 Posts
So yours slipped after a new clutch right? And then managed to work again on its own or did you do anything to fix it
Yes, it slipped initially, but after driving it longer....... it started to grip more and more. By the time i got it tuned, it held up the power just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts