9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I am fairly new to the car world I currently own a 2013 Civic Si coupe and plan on doing simple mods but my current clutch is starting to go out. I was wanting to see if I could possibly get the communities input on a good clutch to have installed for a daily driver and that I plan on putting basic bolts ons to. I’ve looked around and through older forums posts it seems like a Clutch Masters FX250 clutch would do the trick since they have a a clutch that’s compatible with the stock ECU and won’t need a FP for it. Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I run the fx300 on my supercharged si. Drives like stock but can hold the power. Currently at 384whp/312wtq.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run the fx300 on my supercharged si. Drives like stock but can hold the power. Currently at 384whp/312wtq.
I have to agree with @15WhiteSi

this clutch is amazing, good behavior great feel, predictable and you can upgrade power little by little and never worry.
Would you guys recommend them for daily driving? How durable are they for taking a little of a beating every here and there as well as just wear and tear over time?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Would you guys recommend them for daily driving? How durable are they for taking a little of a beating every here and there as well as just wear and tear over time?
Yes, highly recommended. I beat on my car all the time and no issues.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
690 Posts
Guess I'll be getting a FX300 when I need to get a clutch done. Since you're boosted, did you go with a lightweight flywheel or stick with stock?

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Guess I'll be getting a FX300 when I need to get a clutch done. Since you're boosted, did you go with a lightweight flywheel or stick with stock?
I went with the flywheel that works without a tune. It actually is heavier than the stock one......... go figure

·
Registered
690 Posts
I went with the flywheel that works without a tune. It actually is heavier than the stock one......... go figure
Well that's dumb. Probably better then getting the stock resurfaced.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well that's dumb. Probably better then getting the stock resurfaced.
yea, i was surprised by that........ oh well. People have told me for boosted cars it's not bad to have a heavier flywheel.

·
Registered
690 Posts
yea, i was surprised by that........ oh well. People have told me for boosted cars it's not bad to have a heavier flywheel.
Oh it must be soooo nice being boosted!!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
With “simple” modifications on a daily driver, why not just replace with a new stock clutch/pressure plate/flywheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Allow me to play Devil’s advocate here. My two cents: Go with the stock Exedy OEM clutch kit. Especially if you’re just going to do basic bolt-ons “simple mods”. In my opinion it doesn’t make sense to spend twice the amount on something that you’ll never see at it’s full potential. The aforementioned clutch kits are expensive and aren’t made to last as long as the OEM ones. The OEM ones last a long time about (100k miles) because that’s what they are designed for.

In my humble opinion: Unless you’re going with a full purpose built motor, these clutch “upgrades” aren’t worth it. But it’s your time and money. I say that because you (OP) said you want your car to have a few “simple mods”. So, that begs to question: Why spend money on a clutch that’s around $475 on a car that you’re not intending on going nuts on.

Think of what else you could buy with the left over funds if you just got the stock Exedy clutch? Perhaps you could get a flashpro after anothercouple of weeks of savings. Or a used exhaust system? Of emergency money for when the unexpected happens. I intend on sounding like a troll, I just want to help you have your cake and eat it too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts