9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Alright you two assholes, quit rubbing it in my face.
:LOL:

Allow me to play Devil’s advocate here. My two cents: Go with the stock Exedy OEM clutch kit. Especially if you’re just going to do basic bolt-ons “simple mods”. In my opinion it doesn’t make sense to spend twice the amount on something that you’ll never see at it’s full potential. The aforementioned clutch kits are expensive and aren’t made to last as long as the OEM ones. The OEM ones last a long time about (100k miles) because that’s what they are designed for.

In my humble opinion: Unless you’re going with a full purpose built motor, these clutch “upgrades” aren’t worth it. But it’s your time and money. I say that because you (OP) said you want your car to have a few “simple mods”. So, that begs to question: Why spend money on a clutch that’s around $475 on a car that you’re not intending on going nuts on.

Think of what else you could buy with the left over funds if you just got the stock Exedy clutch? Perhaps you could get a flashpro after anothercouple of weeks of savings. Or a used exhaust system? Of emergency money for when the unexpected happens. I intend on sounding like a troll, I just want to help you have your cake and eat it too.
I have to agree with you. Lots of wisdom here.

I only will back my point by saying this... everyone starts with "just a few simple mods" then all hell breaks loose when they watch too many videos of boosted honda's and there you go - your OEM Exedy clutch is basically garbage when you decide - "screw it, i'm going to boost this thing"

but if the OP really intends on keeping it simple, by all means go Exedy...

·
Registered
2013 Honda Civic SI Sedan
29 Posts
Hello All! I am fairly new to the car world I currently own a 2013 Civic Si coupe and plan on doing simple mods but my current clutch is starting to go out. I was wanting to see if I could possibly get the communities input on a good clutch to have installed for a daily driver and that I plan on putting basic bolts ons to. I’ve looked around and through older forums posts it seems like a Clutch Masters FX250 clutch would do the trick since they have a a clutch that’s compatible with the stock ECU and won’t need a FP for it. Thanks!
@ReworkzSi I also have a 2013 SI and my clutch started slipping at around 55K miles. I got a full clutch kit replacement from my local Honda dealership. Since I had Honda Care on it, the dealership was able to shave the costs down. I cannot remember what the exact costs were but if I did not get the discount, they would have charged me over $1000 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
:LOL:

I have to agree with you. Lots of wisdom here.

I only will back my point by saying this... everyone starts with "just a few simple mods" then all hell breaks loose when they watch too many videos of boosted honda's and there you go - your OEM Exedy clutch is basically garbage when you decide - "screw it, i'm going to boost this thing"

but if the OP really intends on keeping it simple, by all means go Exedy...
I had alot of luck on a exedy stage 1, at 10PSI. I only went with the exedy 4 puck when I had the transmission out, as I plan to add more power. Edit stage 1 is not stock, as what was being talked about.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts