9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, need help, I will install an aftermarket stereo, but I need to know the order or wire colors and that is each of them, to civic ex coupe with premium headunit, and know which one is the cable that runs the steering wheel controls, I hope someone has the complete information.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, would wiring diagrams help?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Crutchfield wiring

I wanna say this was really similar to the 2012, but double check everything with a voltage meter. I believe you'll have to bypass the factory amp, I do not think there is a harness to retain it at this point in time, I could be wrong tho, I did aftermarket amps in mine so I bypassed the amp.

For steering wheel controls, I would recommend the axxess aswc, and you can find instructions here. I installed this product with my aftermarket stereo and it is flawless, just make sure it has been updated to its most recent firmware before you install it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks cricotwister, i Bougth a connects 2 SWC interfase, but i need to check if the order of the pins are the correct before conect anything, i saw the info or the link and thank the swc pins are correct on the on interfase, i need the order of the 24 pins connector to check they are correct if you can help me iwould appreciate it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks cricotwister, i Bougth a connects 2 SWC interfase, but i need to check if the order of the pins are the correct before conect anything, i saw the info or the link and thank the swc pins are correct on the on interfase, i need the order of the 24 pins connector to check they are correct if you can help me iwould appreciate it
If I remember tomorrow I'll check while I'm at work where I have access to my resources and websites, to be honest though if you are sure that you have the correct pins and the colors you need are there then go for it, it won't hurt anything in the car, and if its wrong I'll see what I can find. What wires do you need?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a lot, i need the colors of the speakers and the pin order in the harness 12volts pin, acc pin and illumination pin to connect the harness of the stereo, again thanks and have a nice day

·
Registered
597 Posts

Color may be different, espeically the 4 pairs of speaker wires (6, 7, 10, 11, 18, 19, 22, 23). But the pinout is correct. Between these you find 4 pairs of shield wire (8, 9, 20, 21)which are grey--never ever use them.

To bypass the amp, you can run new wires and not connecting the speaker wires on the harness.

Illumination...sorry, you are likely to have to tap the grey wire on the hazard switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Color may be different, espeically the 4 pairs of speaker wires (6, 7, 10, 11, 18, 19, 22, 23). But the pinout is correct. Between these you find 4 pairs of shield wire (8, 9, 20, 21)which are grey--never ever use them.

To bypass the amp, you can run new wires and not connecting the speaker wires on the harness.

Illumination...sorry, you are likely to have to tap the grey wire on the hazard switch.

Thanks a lot 82801BA is this for premium audio wires??? or for the lx version, because i need to turn on the factory amp for the aftermarket radio but i dont have the color code of the wires for the subwoofer and tweeters and the remote

·
Registered
100 Posts
You aren't turning the factory amp on, you are running your speakers off the new radio because you cannot connect the factory amp to a new radio.

As far as finding colors, lets say for front right (FR) it will be a pair of wires that are twisted together coming out of the boot into the cabin, gray is positive, red is negative.

For illumination tap into the + parking lights at the dash fush box, red 18 gauge wire.

If all of this is confusing you it may be in your best interest to have a shop do it, this is a semi-difficult car to conquer if this is your first time tinkering with this kind of stuff.

Are you sure the LX comes with premium audio? If it doesn't it makes your life a lot easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no lx comes without, but i thougth the image diagram is for lx version and i have the ex with premium audio, i done this in my brothers ex coupe 2010 premium audio and its much easier in his car because i have the diagram and color codes for the stereo wiring, but in the 2012 ex its much diferent, thats why im asking you for your help guys and thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have EX SEDAN which doesn't come with outboard amp. Only 160W crap radio, same brand as premium (Clarion). But I've been using Premium CD player in place for 7 months now and still not a single problem. So do you believe my wiring diagram?

Thing is, you are likely to see Red and Green wires (for all speaker wire pairs) in place of the pink, orange, light blue, green, whatever colors in that diagram. All others should be the same.What are you going to do?

I know you CAN power on the factory amp, and if I remember correctly it's pin 17 on the top diagram (blue-white wire if you buy the harness:Metra Part # 70-1730 | Honda wire harness | Metra Online).

You can refer to this pdf file to see. The pinout fits 2012 Civic in addition to 2008 Accord, both standard AND Premium.http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST71-1729.pdf

Or use this (same as the picture I provided, but unedited):

Still some different color, but pinout are the same. BTW make sure you do NOT run aftermarket radio's speaker output into factory amp...only use RCA as shown in the harness...You have been warned, lol..

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have EX SEDAN which doesn't come with outboard amp. Only 160W crap radio, same brand as premium (Clarion). But I've been using Premium CD player in place for 7 months now and still not a single problem. So do you believe my wiring diagram?

Thing is, you are likely to see Red and Green wires (for all speaker wire pairs) in place of the pink, orange, light blue, green, whatever colors in that diagram. All others should be the same.What are you going to do?

I know you CAN power on the factory amp, and if I remember correctly it's pin 17 on the top diagram (blue-white wire if you buy the harness:Metra Part # 70-1730 | Honda wire harness | Metra Online).

You can refer to this pdf file to see. The pinout fits 2012 Civic in addition to 2008 Accord, both standard AND Premium.http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST71-1729.pdf

Or use this (same as the picture I provided, but unedited):

Still some different color, but pinout are the same. BTW make sure you do NOT run aftermarket radio's speaker output into factory amp...only use RCA as shown in the harness...You have been warned, lol..
thanks man, i think the diference of the cars is the market, im from mexico, and the ex version has the premium system with 360 w amp, im not sure if the pins are the same but with the diagrams and color codes its much easier, like i said in older posts in my brothers civic coupe 2010 the order of the wires are diferent than the same model in canada, ( bouth of then built in the same place) but the color wire code are the same for speakers and everything,i bougth the connects2 interface because i dont have to cut any wire of the harness and i keep with my cars warranty intact, the only thing in that the europe version has is that the conectors for aftermarket stereos are different, i dont know why, thanks a lot 82801BA

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Have The same Problem I conect the Interface but i dont lisen nothing Can some one Help me plz thanks for the diagram but i think is diferent USA civic and Mexican Civic

And this is the Car OEM Conector

Shot at 2012-08-02

this is the interface conector im using

Shot at 2012-08-02

·
Registered
597 Posts
My US Civic EX Sedan (non premium):

Different? Yes, the colors AND you have 4 more SHIELDED wires and a REMOTE turn on wire, that's all the differrence...

Anyway I need to go out for now. Will come back to you checking. Please bear with me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
OK I am back. Looking at Vicedra's picture, the WHITE wire on the bottom row (5th hole from the left, the next one is red) is the amplifier turn on for the stock amp. Connect that one to the aftermarket's remote turn on lead you will have sound.

Vicedre's aftermarket harness doesn't have a remote turn on wire so there will be no sound. Anyone having premium audio system AND want to use factory amp need to use this harness: http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-1730, which looks like

See the BLUE wire at the bottom? That's the remote turn on wire, on place #16 on my diagram. AND PLEASE DO NOT CONNECT ANY WIRES TO THE TWO ORANGE WIRES. THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED IN THE CIVIC.

The reason is, the stock amplifier has a separate input for subwoofer. And all crossover and EQ are done at the stock amplifier. The subwoofer will not have sound if you use the regular harness. You need the harness I post above.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Let's be clear, I am using the picture uploaded by Vicedra...

This harness works for non premium CD player that has 4 speakers. Since the stock harness for non premium CD player doesn't have a remote turn on wire, it is simply not on the aftermarket harness (and you need to wire your own to aftermarket amp if you need one). And please, do NOT use aftermarket's speaker output to feed to stock amplifier. Use PREAMP only.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes thanks For all Help and yes with the Information i make this: The Remote of the New HeadUnit with color BLue i Bridge to White with silver Stripe and yes All Work

1 - 20 of 42 Posts