9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new guy here. I have a 2015 honda civic se sedan and I just got my coilovers. These are the ones I have, Megan EZ Street Coilovers 12+ Civic/ILX (MR-CDK-HC12-EZ), and I got em here.

Even though this is going to be my first time installing coilovers, I'd like to think I'm mechanically inclined as I have done other work on the car.
My question is, when installing these coils, do I have to worry about the settings I put them in before installing? Are there other things I should pay attention too when installing them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The Megan coilovers have an adjustable preload. If they don't include instructions, you can find some videos online on how to set that up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can I leave the control arm hanging overnight without its weight supported?

Also, I'm having issues with the bolt that's on the damper assembly. The upper bolt has some play even with the adapter, while the bottom bolt (with the adapter) has a snug fit. I found this image online but it's for the SI coupe.

This is what i need. I'm not sure what these are called.

Should I get a new bolt or get an adapter? (I think getting larger size bolt won't fit on the stock though)
What size adapter and/or bolt should I get?

I've searched google/amazon/ebay for (I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term) "damper bolts adapter" and other keywords that related to suspension but nothing I need is coming up. If someone could direct me where I can buy them would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the video that shows how much play there is.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Your YouTube link says "private" so We can't see the video.

I think you are referring to the fact that the non si models have a m14 bolt but the hole on your megan strut is m16?

I though they sold non si specific coilovers to address that?

I do remember TEIN selling an adapter like this
But that is ridiculously expensive...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've installed the rear struts and springs but bottom rubber that came with the spring doesn't seem to fit on the LCA as there is a huge gap between contact points. I have cleaned and brushed both contact points with wd40. The gap is the same with or without the weight of the car on the springs. Any ideas?
I'm afraid if I drive the car like this, the springs will pop off eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts