9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Coilovers and winter

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I couldn't really find much on this subject but I am looking at getting a coilover setup as I want to have my car a little lower and stiffer for everyday driving (then slammed for shows), however I live in Vermont and our winters can get pretty ridiculous and I do not want to have my car sitting for half the year mainly because I don't have the money for a second car. Does anyone have experience using a lowered suspension in extreme winter conditions? I thought of going HFP but for me I don't think the drop that gives wouldnt be enough for what Im looking for.

#2 ·
Are you looking to improve the handling or just have the car lower to the ground? If better handling is what you're after get the HFP setup. If you're just looking to go lower then get some good springs. Coilovers provide both obviously but with the salt and such from a Vermont winter you will really have to keep up the maintenance to make sure the lowering threads don't get rusty or damaged.

#8 ·
Bag it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.