9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any trouble with negative camber on installing new coilovers? I know I need an alignment regardless, but my negative camber is so bad up front the inside of my tire leans on my coil over to the point I can’t rotate the tire by hand. It isn’t a dramatic drop either im just closing the gap between the wheel and fender. Does anyone know what my issue is, I’m getting real frustrated here. Please help if anyone has any clue?

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
181 Posts
does anyone have any trouble with negative camber on installing new coilovers? I know I need an alignment regardless, but my negative camber is so bad up front the inside of my tire leans on my coil over to the point I can’t rotate the tire by hand. It isn’t a dramatic drop either im just closing the gap between the wheel and fender. Does anyone know what my issue is, I’m getting real frustrated here. Please help if anyone has any clue?
What offset wheels are installed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get some ingalls front camber bolts and then rear arms of your choosing and then get your alignment so they can properly adjust the camber.
That’s what I was trying to avoid, the whole reason why I got these coil overs is to avoid getting arms and bolts, at least I was told by the manufacturer that because I’m not doing a dramatic drop I shouldn’t have a problem, but here we are lol

·
Registered
906 Posts
That’s what I was trying to avoid, the whole reason why I got these coil overs is to avoid getting arms and bolts, at least I was told by the manufacturer that because I’m not doing a dramatic drop I shouldn’t have a problem, but here we are lol
Whats the brand coilovers and how much of a drop

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
389 Posts
Camber bolts are cheap though. Any time you change suspension setups you should get it realigned, and for the money it's nice to have.
This ^^

What's the reasoning in wanting to avoid camber bolts? I parrot @12FG4Rallye. What brand, and how much of a drop?

I'm running the H&R springs. IIRC they provided the LEAST amount of drop out of any spring or non-adjustable coilover. I'm STILL going to need an alignment, as well as camber arms. And quite possibly camber bolts for the front too.

My point here being that even though I opted for the least amount of drop I could get, I'm still more than likely going to need to camber kit the car if I want it to stay within spec.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hold up guys. Let's think for a minute. OP is saying the wheel is hitting the coilover. This sounds like an install problem.

Front camber doesn't change that much when lowering these cars so my bet is there is another problem.

I've never heard of a wheel hitting the coilover unless its an ultra wide wheel with high offset. Like 17x9 +45

OP, can you post pics of the problem? And how everything is currently installed.
Of course, as others have stated, you won't be able to get the alignment in spec without camber bolts/arms.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
389 Posts
@dpetro1 comes in with the logic.

He's right. I completely missed that part. No amount of drop should cause the wheel to lean so far to the inside that it touches the coilover. That's a big issue.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Even if something is installed wrong a 2 in drop is substantial enough that youre going to need camber bolts and arms

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
389 Posts
Even if something is installed wrong a 2 in drop is substantial enough that youre going to need camber bolts and arms
Oh yeah, that still applies 100%. But something else is wrong if the tire is touching the coil. A 2" drop wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My garage light sucks at the moment, but I will be sure to post them in the morning, thank you fellas for the responses.🤘🏼

·
Registered
906 Posts
Oh yeah, that still applies 100%. But something else is wrong if the tire is touching the coil. A 2" drop wouldn't do that.
I just cant think off the top of my head what could be installed wrong. Trying to replay the day i installed my coilovers in my head but that was a few years ago now lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hold up guys. Let's think for a minute. OP is saying the wheel is hitting the coilover. This sounds like an install problem.

Front camber doesn't change that much when lowering these cars so my bet is there is another problem.

I've never heard of a wheel hitting the coilover unless its an ultra wide wheel with high offset. Like 17x9 +45

OP, can you post pics of the problem? And how everything is currently installed.
Of course, as others have stated, you won't be able to get the alignment in spec without camber bolts/arms.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts