9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hold up guys. Let's think for a minute. OP is saying the wheel is hitting the coilover. This sounds like an install problem.

Front camber doesn't change that much when lowering these cars so my bet is there is another problem.

I've never heard of a wheel hitting the coilover unless its an ultra wide wheel with high offset. Like 17x9 +45

OP, can you post pics of the problem? And how everything is currently installed.
Of course, as others have stated, you won't be able to get the alignment in spec without camber bolts/arms.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Hold up guys. Let's think for a minute. OP is saying the wheel is hitting the coilover. This sounds like an install problem.

Front camber doesn't change that much when lowering these cars so my bet is there is another problem.

I've never heard of a wheel hitting the coilover unless its an ultra wide wheel with high offset. Like 17x9 +45

OP, can you post pics of the problem? And how everything is currently installed.
Of course, as others have stated, you won't be able to get the alignment in spec without camber bolts/arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Nothing like Iooks obviously wrong other than that camber is terrible.

Are the knuckle bolt holes adjustable on those? Like are the bolt holes oblong? If so you need to straighten the knuckle as much as possible before tightening them down.

Also, do the top hats have camber plates or no?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nothing like Iooks obviously wrong other than that camber is terrible.

Are the knuckle bolt holes adjustable on those? Like are the bolt holes oblong? If so you need to straighten the knuckle as much as possible before tightening them down.

Also, do the top hats have camber plates or no?

No man, not on this model apparently they Is no kind of adjustment that can be made to and part besides toe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Camber bolts are cheap though. Any time you change suspension setups you should get it realigned, and for the money it's nice to have.
That I do know bro but the thing is, I can berly even turn the wheel left of right without it sounding like it’s going to break the coil over, let alone the wheel won’t move so how can I even get it into the shop to get it aligned. I did also put the spc camber bolts

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
389 Posts
That I do know bro but the thing is, I can berly even turn the wheel left of right without it sounding like it’s going to break the coil over, let alone the wheel won’t move so how can I even get it into the shop to get it aligned. I did also put the spc camber bolts
You have camber bolts on already?? Did you adjust them back out?

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
181 Posts
I've been throwing out ideas but I'll be honest, I've never seen that much camber from lowering just a couple inches. There has to be an issue with either the coilover design itself where it mounts or a bent control arm causing that much camber.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Do the top hats have camber plates?

Edit: I see that you answered that above. My bad

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not sure if this would have anything to do with it, but when you did the fronts did you happen to have to pre-load the strut in order to install the end-links?

The reason I ask is because when I installed my BuddyClubs, I didn't realize I had to bolt up the end-links last. When I had the drive side all done (including the end-link), I moved on to the passenger side and when I was working on the end-link I couldn't get it to line up unless I loaded (compressed) the strut with a jack. So I went back to the drive side and unbolted the end-link, and after that I was able to freely move both end-links and the sway bar without adding load first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
hey everyone, just wanna let you guys all know that I figured out the problem and got it fixed, so apparently they sent me the coil overs for the base model, they did send me a new set and they’re looking super dope, thank you guys for your help!

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
389 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, but that sucks you had to deal with something that wasn't even your fault. I hope they tossed you a store credit or something for your troubles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Glad you got it figured out, but that sucks you had to deal with something that wasn't even your fault. I hope they tossed you a store credit or something for your troubles.
Yeah man! I basically got a whole new set of coilovers so if you guys know anyone that needs brand new coilovers with 0 miles on then let me know, only for the base model

21 - 35 of 35 Posts