9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..Im new here. Have a 13 auto lx . Im 66 and this honda is my very 1st gas car.. car has 74000 right now, and although no problems. I wanted to replace the coils with ngk and ngk plugs. the orig coils are Honda-denso. should I stay with the denso coils instead of ngk.? I like preventative doing things. Is this overkill at this milage ? oh..and the drive belt !!..Although I love my non turbo Benz diesels, I enjoy this civic !

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hello..Im new here. Have a 13 auto lx . Im 66 and this honda is my very 1st gas car.. car has 74000 right now, and although no problems. I wanted to replace the coils with ngk and ngk plugs. the orig coils are Honda-denso. should I stay with the denso coils instead of ngk.? I like preventative doing things. Is this overkill at this milage ? oh..and the drive belt !!..Although I love my non turbo Benz diesels, I enjoy this civic !
Both plugs are good. I personally run NGK, but will probably switch to denso next.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You cannot go wrong with either Denso or NGK.
Replacing the plugs and drive belt at this point isnt the worst idea,however replacing the coils is a little over kill. The coils can easily last 150K-200k miles. Id wait until one fails,then replace all 4 at that point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts