9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw it this morning, went back & took a photo, man, i like it...... now i'm trying to get the color match splash guard from Australia honda

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
You can buy paint from Honda directly. Bring em to a body shop, have them painted :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
You can buy paint from Honda directly. Bring em to a body shop, have them painted :)
I was told from a body shop they wouldn't paint mine because they said paint wouldn't adhere to the plastic???? Can we order OEM paint matched guards? I know you can't for an Si, I have PMM, so do any of they other Civics come with them???? That SOP looks good with those guards painted!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know honda australia only offer painted mud flaps as an accessory (just like the acura usa)

my wife's family is from australia so i am trying to see if one of her cousin can buy a set of tw lx sedan for me

as far as i know, the factory painted mud flaps only cost like $40 more than the black version

i don't understand why only acura is being offer with painted mud flaps & honda only sells the black version

i did ask the body shop, they say you can paint the black one, just the paint will not stick for long period of time, because the material have oil in it....

but, they also told me, if you primer it yourself with spray can primer paint before they spray it, the paint will stick on much better & last a bit longer

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would like a set in urban titanium

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
What about using flex additive in the paint?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had my splash guards painted by a body shop, they did it as a CS as I was paying them to fix a ding and they would have extra paint. Holding out just fine after 4,000 miles. I'm not sure flex additive is really necessary unless your car is lowered and you're reversing and have a tendency in plowing into curbs or parking stalls. I did have flex added to my sedan lip, however... since they figured projectiles hitting the front end would be inevitable. I didn't really care for the matte black guards on any color- you could probably pull it off with white, though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was told from a body shop they wouldn't paint mine because they said paint wouldn't adhere to the plastic???? Can we order OEM paint matched guards? I know you can't for an Si, I have PMM, so do any of they other Civics come with them???? That SOP looks good with those guards painted!

you need to find a real body shop, they full of bull, they just didn't want to paint them

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hi team3d. I don't remember If u saw painted splash guard on my car when we went to the Hat few weeks ago or not. If u would like to try, u can get custom spray paint from paintscratch.com

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't think the white civics would be able to pull it off the way that Sunburst orange did maybe other colors but not white just my opinion

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I like that!!! Since I'm going for red with black accents I will most likely leave mine be for now though.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just receive my color match (acura style) splash guard !

the is genuine australian honda parts, price is the same as no color splash guard ($104.00) i just need to pay for the shipping

only non si sedan is available & not all colors are available

1 - 20 of 36 Posts