9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im waiting to get in my red Honda Emblems, and was looking at the grille the other day on my car. Has anyone got the curved piece of their grille painted to match the car, while leaving the bottom park of it black?

To clarify more, the part Im talking about is the chrome piece that comes on the base models, but is black on the Si's?

I am thinking it would look good, just curious as if anyone has done this yet?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might do it!! I had a photoshop done...its not.perfect but gives a good idea

Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Thanks what I was looking for Mike. Doesn't look exactly TW, but gives me a good idea. I think this something that I want to do now.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks what I was looking for Mike. Doesn't look exactly TW, but gives me a good idea. I think this something that I want to do now.
Its photoshopped i think im gonna buy another grill from Honda and do it on this one!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call.

Its photoshopped i think im gonna buy another grill from Honda and do it on this one!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is the chrome piece plastic? I've replaced mine with the Si one now, i'm away on vacation and can't check. If it's some kind of metal, i'll get it powercoated and color matched and let you guys know how it turns out, otherwise I'm not going to worry about it

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Is the chrome piece plastic? I've replaced mine with the Si one now, i'm away on vacation and can't check. If it's some kind of metal, i'll get it powercoated and color matched and let you guys know how it turns out, otherwise I'm not going to worry about it
it feels plastic so i believe its plastic

·
Registered
684 Posts
I went to Carquest and asked for thw paint loll.. I got thw base coat and the clear coat

·
Registered
684 Posts
Was it hard to separate the grill from the bumper? Looking good so far!! Can't wait to see finished ...
Not at all!!!! like 8clips 2 screw on the bumper and 4 clips.on the grill.to hold it on thw bumper... Then 2 screws on the blach painted.plastic.part

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Exactly what i was thinking! Just to give it the same glossy look that the fogs have. I will also cut out all the fillers Honda put in so its a real grill :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
if anyone could tell me how to take the chrome part off the grille on an lx grille, i would soooo appreciate it. I took the front bumper off and the grille, but the chrome part has some clips in the back and I couldnt figure it out.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts