9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my previous cars were Audis and they has BOSE. I want to upgrade the sound system to something better then stock. Not looking to just throw a sub in and rattle the car apart I want quality surround sound. What are good plug and play door speakers? How hard to remove door cards?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
All my previous cars were Audis and they has BOSE. I want to upgrade the sound system to something better then stock. Not looking to just throw a sub in and rattle the car apart I want quality surround sound. What are good plug and play door speakers? How hard to remove door cards?
There will not be any drop in or plug in speakers so to speak that will give you good sound without modifying,regardless of coupe or sedan.
How much are you looking to spend?
What do you want to run?
Just the fronts ?the backs?bass?
What model civic do you have.
Are you looking to just add speakers?do you want coaxials?components?

Just a few questions need to be answered to better suit your needs

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You will also need to invest in a lot of insulation to get the quality sound reproduction you are talking about. I haven't heard the inside of a 2013 yet but the 2012 is very noisy. I installed a small low profile sub with a bunch of dynomat and it really helped things. I want to do much more but I decided it would be to big of an investment.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I am looking for good mid quality door speaker replacements that are plug and play. Any recommendations?
Are you running off the stock system?are you adding power?what model civic is this going in.?I can better assist you with info on your setup or plans,I'm kind of in the dark on this,but regardless there won't be any aftermarket direct drop ins.there will be some slight modifying or you will need spacers depending on the particular speaker setup you choose. Lmk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2012 civic lx sedan. I have an aftermarket kenwood unit but like the clean lines of stock. I just want to drop in 100-150 dollar door speakers. Hoping for plug and play or something close.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
2012 civic lx sedan. I have an aftermarket kenwood unit but like the clean lines of stock. I just want to drop in 100-150 dollar door speakers. Hoping for plug and play or something close.
Get some Memphis and baffle rings that's about as good as it gets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts