9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So in conclusion, boys and girls: less weight is a good thing. less rotational weight is a great thing.

haha...

but you need to look at it this way, for readers that is new to car modifications, they can read the debates and see why rotational weight reduction is so important and it's so beneficial

we may not agree on the exact #,% on drivetrain loss, but we all agree reduce ANY rotational mass after the flywheel will reduce drivetrain loss.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,399 Posts
Agreed but I think my point is when people put extraordinary numbers to it than it starts to be misleading.

So in conclusion, boys and girls: less weight is a good thing. less rotational weight is a great thing.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
In for updates as well. Price to Houston please.

And what's the final word for weight per front corner? Around 5 lb's less than stock? 2012 Si coupe here.

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Also in for an update. I warped my rotors on the track. Team3d, will these rotors be stronger than OEM? I was using Hawk Street Race pads and need rotors now. Deciding between the drilled Stoptechs or this.

rotor warping is due to heat, heat dissipation can be solve with few ways, brake duct cooler, larger rotor surface (bbk) or 2pc rotors... this is 2pc rotors and it will help, but you have to add brake duct for track use if you wanna maintain 300mm size

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
In for updates as well. Price to Houston please.

And what's the final word for weight per front corner? Around 5 lb's less than stock? 2012 Si coupe here.
the weight will be exactly 11lbs each, you will remove a total of 5lbs of rotational weight per corner.

we had an size issue with the sample, it's not metric, i am waiting for the new sample and will get back to everyone soon...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you turkeyfeast123 for your explanation in post #15.

Team3d: Do you have a price range for a pair of these 2 pc rotors? Also, are drilled 2 pc rotors following soon after the 2 pc rotors?

·
Registered
249 Posts
MeeSh, no knocking your car whatsoever as I enjoy your build, but I do find it very interesting that you are dyno'ing at 191whp with the new Acuity intake, exhaust and tune yet have those 17lb wheels which are over 10lbs lighter per wheel. I understand every dyno is different, but just find it interesting pertaining to some of the information in this thread.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Thank you turkeyfeast123 for your explanation in post #15.

Team3d: Do you have a price range for a pair of these 2 pc rotors? Also, are drilled 2 pc rotors following soon after the 2 pc rotors?

sorry, no drilled or slotted rotors option...

also, it will not fit stock calipers, it looks like it will only work on spoon calipers at this moment

but here is the good news.... the correct rotors i receive is lighter than 11lbs...

·
Registered
989 Posts
MeeSh, no knocking your car whatsoever as I enjoy your build, but I do find it very interesting that you are dyno'ing at 191whp with the new Acuity intake, exhaust and tune yet have those 17lb wheels which are over 10lbs lighter per wheel. I understand every dyno is different, but just find it interesting pertaining to some of the information in this thread.
If I hit up a local dyno day, I will make 200-210whp. It all depends on the dyno... I'm more concerned with the before #s compared to the after #s. One of these days I'm going to a dyno day so I can post it on social media and finally have big #'s! hahahaha. until then, I'm content knowing of the improvements my car has made from its stock form.

team3d, how much are those wilwoods for front and rear?

Reactions: jfisher

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
If I hit up a local dyno day, I will make 200-210whp. It all depends on the dyno... I'm more concerned with the before #s compared to the after #s. One of these days I'm going to a dyno day so I can post it on social media and finally have big #'s! hahahaha. until then, I'm content knowing of the improvements my car has made from its stock form.

team3d, how much are those wilwoods for front and rear?
you want purple & gold ? it's doable now... i will text you..

41 - 60 of 74 Posts