9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
De-chromed the back of my '13 Si!

I'm really happy with the result! The plasti-dip matches the car's color very well. I'm debating to put a coat of glossifier on it or not. Anyways, I plan to do the front tomorrow where the fog lights are and the grill black tomorrow. I'm going to put glossifier on that to match the grill. Later this week I'll be putting in my HID's and Fogs, Red JDM Emblems, and I'm going to red-out my tail lights as well!

20130313_154724.jpg 20130313_154658.jpg 20130313_154708.jpg

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
Yo! That looks MUCH better....are you going to black out the front or do it white? I think white but hey, your ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yo! That looks MUCH better....are you going to black out the front or do it white? I think white but hey, your ride.
thanks! and i'm definitely doing the two little chrome strips near the fog lights black. as for the grill..i'm still not entirely sure! i'm gonna play around on photoshop for a bit, but i'm leaning towards plasti-dipping black and putting a coat of glosifier to match the rest of the grill!

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
thanks! and i'm definitely doing the two little chrome strips near the fog lights black. as for the grill..i'm still not entirely sure! i'm gonna play around on photoshop for a bit, but i'm leaning towards plasti-dipping black and putting a coat of glosifier to match the rest of the grill!
Yeah I meant black, my bad! Sounds good...post pics when you do it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,401 Posts
Changing that chrome to body color completely transforms the back of the car. I was behind a stock '13 sedan yesterday and wasn't loving (or even liking) the chrome strip. Nice job.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Changing that chrome to body color completely transforms the back of the car. I was behind a stock '13 sedan yesterday and wasn't loving (or even liking) the chrome strip. Nice job.
thanks! and yeah the chrome really kills the back of the car. i had the 2011 Corolla S before this car and ended up doing the same thing lol, that chrome strip will follow me everywhere. Going to de-chrome the front of the car once the weather is nicer/less windy.

I want to see one without the spoiler!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
me too, but instead i would like to see the deck spoiler on the rear like the non-si's have!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great Job. A whole new car! Love it

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Looks great Khizr! Any close up pics? I would really like to see the color matching close up...in some pics it looks spot on in another it looks slightly different...whats your take on it?

I've never used Plasti-dip...is it a matte finish?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great Khizr! Any close up pics? I would really like to see the color matching close up...in some pics it looks spot on in another it looks slightly different...whats your take on it?

I've never used Plasti-dip...is it a matte finish?
i'll take some pics tomorrow and post em here! the color is actually very close to the actual paint. plasti-dip finishes matte, but it honestly looks pretty much color-matched unless you walk up right next to the car and closely look at it. overall, i really like it, i might put just one coat of glosifier on it for a little more of glossy look like the rest of the body (plus it's easier to clean that way).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm really happy with the result! The plasti-dip matches the car's color very well. I'm debating to put a coat of glossifier on it or not. Anyways, I plan to do the front tomorrow where the fog lights are and the grill black tomorrow. I'm going to put glossifier on that to match the grill. Later this week I'll be putting in my HID's and Fogs, Red JDM Emblems, and I'm going to red-out my tail lights as well!

View attachment 20980 View attachment 20981 View attachment 20982

Dude, your trunk's open.

12>13

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i'll take some pics tomorrow and post em here! the color is actually very close to the actual paint. plasti-dip finishes matte, but it honestly looks pretty much color-matched unless you walk up right next to the car and closely look at it. overall, i really like it, i might put just one coat of glosifier on it for a little more of glossy look like the rest of the body (plus it's easier to clean that way).
cool, thx bro.....can/how would you remove it without damaging the trim? did you remove the chrome trim to apply it or just mask off the rest of rear end?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts