Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Civic Sedan- with GPS (wife's car)
When I turn on the car, a Confirmation screen about the GPS pops up. Any way to de-activate that?
Its getting annoying.

My Tom Tom and Magellan did that, did not think cars do as well.

My Nissan Altima Coupe does not have such a screen - (don't tell Nissan).

Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure about a confirmation screen. Can you post a quick pic? My 06 Si navi had a startup splash screen. You can modify it if you want, via a DIY process someone posted on 8th gen years ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
All Hondas and Acuras have the disclaimer screen to use the navi, no way to disable it. You'll always have to say "OK" to it before using it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Garmin Nuvi has the warning screen too. My old Tom Tom didn't have it. But on my Garmin is does go off after something like 30 seconds if you waited and didn't press accept. Does it do the same thing in the stock Honda Navi? Or does it stay on forever until you accept it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I can understand on an initial set up, but each time you turn the car on? But each time you turn on the car- yuck.
What if you don't even use the Nav? So even if we just turn on the car and want to go straight to FM or XM, still have to touch "OK" ?

I feel sorry for my wife, as its her car.

Our next car will not be a Honda/Acura.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
its not jsut for the nav (i believe) its more of a warning that the screen itself is a distraction and you still need to pay attention to the road, regardless of whats on the screen.

Honestly, dont hate honda/acura over it, all factory nav's do it. This is a good reason why i prefer aftermarket nav's/headunit. you dont have to deal with the little issues like this and there are by-passes for aftermarket units.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Nissan does not have that screen.

I feel sorry for any one who does a lot of stops during the day. Bet the pizza delivery guys loath that feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.