9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2. Great phone but I'm having connectivity problem with the 2012 civic bluetooth. I know it's the phone because I returned the other identical phone last week that was brand new and had the same problem. It pairs with the civic but then diconnects and reconnects every minute or so and when doing so, you're cut out of the conversation for 5 secs. a real bummer. Samsung and Honda haven't a clue about resolving the issue.

My Blackberry bold work great without any issues before getting the Galaxy.

Anyone here have any idea on how to fix? H E L P!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not going to be much help here - just wait for an iPhone 5 release.

Still on a 3GS here, and it works wonderfully with the Bluetooth pairing, including audio/music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem is not the car, it's the phone. Sprint/Samsung haven't released the firmware update (to Gingerbread 2.3) for the phone, but you CAN do it yourself if you are at all tech savvy.

(Warning: doing this WILL void your warranty, and if you brick your phone, you made the choice to upgrade the software.)

1. Back up all of your contacts and photos, and make sure your downloaded apps from the market are stored on your SD card. You will be installing a new operating system for the phone and it WILL get erased.

2. Root your phone using ClockworkMod (from the market).

3. Follow the instructions here: How to update the Samsung Epic 4G to EH17 and EH06 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread - YouTube

4. I had a couple of issues getting my computer to see the phone in download mode. I had to install the samsung USB drivers found here: [Driver] [20.07.2011] SAMSUNG USB Drivers for Mobile Phones +LATEST UPDATED VERSION+ - xda-developers

The phone behaves MUCH better when connected to the car now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts