9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the market for a new car. A local dealer has a leftover 2012 LX coupe. $16,900. I am a little nervous about it being the 1st year of the redesign and from all of the negative reviews I read about the car. I test drove it and was happy with the feel of the car. I had no problems with the car.
I think a 2013 would cost me $1500+ more. I am also considering a 2013 base fit.
For owners of 2012 civic, are you happy with your car? Do you wish you went with a 2013?
Any feedback and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Just a side note. While we taking delivery of our '13 Civic EX-L sedan on Saturday, the salesman shared pricing information on the Fit with us. The delta between MSRP and dealer invoice on a Fit Sport was about $500. Not much dicker room there.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I had a 2010 LX sedan , traded it for a 2012 Si coupe and never understood all the hate for the 2012's, the interior wasn't any better on the 8th gen I had.
No regrets here as the coupe didn't change much in the new model. I will say the 2013 sedan looks much better on the outside, personally don't care for the fake carbon fiber and chrome trim on the 2013, but I know some people like it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Best thing to do is sit in a 13' LX and see if the improved interior is worth the ~$1500 premium.

The optional black interior and backup camera would be reason enough for me to go with the 13'.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,092 Posts
I'll tell you what I tell everyone who asks a 'should bu this or that' question. Test drive. You'll know if you like it. The negative reviews were all about cosmetics and perceptions. The quality is still there (except for the floormats). I have a '12 LX coupe. It's a great car. But then, I'm not a gadget person. For a $1500 difference, I'd go with the less expensive car that met my requirements.

The LX uses the R18 engine which is basically the same unit from the previous generation, going back to 2006. Nothing to worry about there.

The Fit was never an option for me so I cannot help you there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I drove a '13 Si coupe at one dealership and found a "Left over" '12 in the color I wanted at another. Due to the price difference and having to wait for the color in wanted, I bought the 12. Drive both and see if the differences are worth the money to you. There is some differences in the interior materials, fit and finish, and available options but not enough for me to pay the difference for the 13.

There is a concern with resale/trade in value. Even though you have a brand new car, its still a year old even if it only has 40 miles on it. If this isn't a concern for you, then pull the trigger.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm in the market for a new car. A local dealer has a leftover 2012 LX coupe. $16,900. I am a little nervous about it being the 1st year of the redesign and from all of the negative reviews I read about the car. I test drove it and was happy with the feel of the car. I had no problems with the car.
I think a 2013 would cost me $1500+ more. I am also considering a 2013 base fit.
For owners of 2012 civic, are you happy with your car? Do you wish you went with a 2013?
Any feedback and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I have a 2012 lx which i bought in 2011 no problems for me, but if you have the money to spend go for the new model, my dealer asked me if i wanna trade my 2012 to 2013, i said no and i rather wait for the next gen than lose money

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2012 Civic coupe vs. 2013 civic coupe -List of differences?

I've been searching for a list of difference between the 2012 & 2013 civic coupes. Can't find a list.
I know the 2013 has different interior dash & panel materials. And, there is a backup camera.
I also found the sedan has many exterior changes, but I am more interested in a coupe.
Are there any mechanical changes? Brakes? suspension? body structure? Electronics? anything?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The '13s also got a revised chassis structure. The "ACEII" body has thicker steel in the front frame, front underbody, firewall, and A pillars. This was for the new 25% offset crash test, which the Civic got a top rating for. The '13s also get a thicker windshield and front side windows. There is also some extra sound deadening materials in the floor. The springs were stiffened slightly and the struts were also firmed a bit. The steering was also ever so slightly changed to tighten up its response. The brakes are slightly larger too. I drove a '12 & '13 back to back and the difference was very obvious.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The '13s also got a revised chassis structure. The "ACEII" body has thicker steel in the front frame, front underbody, firewall, and A pillars. This was for the new 25% offset crash test, which the Civic got a top rating for. The '13s also get a thicker windshield and front side windows. There is also some extra sound deadening materials in the floor. The springs were stiffened slightly and the struts were also firmed a bit. The steering was also ever so slightly changed to tighten up its response. I drove a '12 & '13 back to back and the difference was very obvious.
Would you please describe the differences in how the '12 and '13 drove?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If I was buying brand new it would be a 13 no doubt. My neighbor just got one and it's sickening how nice it is compared to my 12. But I would never trade in for it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts