9th Gen Civic Forum banner

401 - 420 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
....My favorites had soft tops.
My dad's never had a top, but he thought about it. His car was beautiful, but it wasn't really my style. Too much chrome for me. A few chrome pieces is okay, but I prefer more paint. Easier to clean. I'll try to scan a pic of his car for ya. I've thought about building me one a few times, I already have a frame I could weld together, but bills and other stuff always seem to put the kibash on it. Maybe one of these days. Or maybe just I'll just build me another bobber. Been thinking about that too, and it'd be a heck of alot cheaper.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
My dad's never had a top, but he thought about it. His car was beautiful, but it wasn't really my style. Too much chrome for me. A few chrome pieces is okay, but I prefer more paint. Easier to clean. I'll try to scan a pic of his car for ya. I've thought about building me one a few times, I already have a frame I could weld together, but bills and other stuff always seem to put the kibash on it. Maybe one of these days. Or maybe just I'll just build me another bobber. Been thinking about that too, and it'd be a heck of alot cheaper.
I'd love to see some pictures, thanks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here ya go Scotty. This was my dad's car. Bear in mind these are old pics, so quality is crappy. Now THIS, was a hot rod. Crazy fast. Me and dad both miss this car. We built it from the ground up in 11 months.

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Classic T. Love it. Thanks for posting, vic. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
^ Limerock Park! Love going to that place. People drive insanely leaving that place after big races. I've been in a chain of cars; New vett, Porsche gt3, turbo APR stage II VW R32. I've never seen a car accelerate as fast as that APR r32. Did a 4 car pass in about 2 seconds. This was back in my MINI days.

Here's me on the track a few years ago. I'm the blue MINI in the mirror.

·
Registered
869 Posts
^ Limerock Park! Love going to that place. People drive insanely leaving that place after big races. I've been in a chain of cars; New vett, Porsche gt3, turbo APR stage II VW R32. I've never seen a car accelerate as fast as that APR r32. Did a 4 car pass in about 2 seconds. This was back in my MINI days.

Here's me on the track a few years ago. I'm the blue MINI in the mirror.

Limerock is great. I try to get up there every couple weeks during the summer, theres always something interesting happening. Only thing that is too bad is now these kids from Haggard Garage always show up and bring with them a crowd of vaping douches. Every event ive gone to this year has had a state trooper presence because these kids start smoking weed, no respect.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Two in Park Slope, one right behind the other.

20160501_152556.jpg 20160501_152553.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
It doesn't get much cooler than this, afaic.

20160617_192055_np.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
This is cool for its unusualness, in that I've never encountered, or even heard of it before. Obviously a kit car.

20160724_110518.jpg 20160724_110549.jpg

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Today I encountered my new favorite car after picking up my son from the train. McLaren. I thought it might of been a football player so I was trying to catch up to him, it was not. He was just playing with all the cars and never heard a better sounding car with a mild sonic boom when changing gears, must of been in sport mode. He never opened it up but only took a millisecond to pass 4 cars.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Yesterday, in Yonkers. I'd love to drive this boat-from-my-youth.

1969 Plymouth Fury, in what appears to be original, unrestored, excellent condition.
20160806_102713_np.jpg 20160806_102729.jpg 20160806_102655_np.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
I was just walking some shirts over to the dry cleaners when I saw an original Fiat 500 toodle by.

I couldn't whip out my phone in time, but it was this, in this color:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm waiting to run into a guy here in North Carolina again who imported a Lada 2107 and shoved a coyote v8 in it and show you guys. If I would ever fork over money for a pre built sleeper, it's that. Not gonna lie, I also sort of like the look of a all black 2107 haha.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
For those of us not up on the latest in the Russian transportation scene, this is the Lada:

based on the Fiat 124 sedan from the '70s, and still going strong, apparently.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
See a few Ferrari's around town. I think they're "driver on the cell phone" magnets. Bam! doesn't discriminate what kind of car it is. Wouldn't bother me if they totally banned the use of cell phones in cars. It's gotten ridiculous. Driving while not driving is what I see unusually......stupid. I suspect the ambulance chasers like it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Even hands-free is distracting - more so than just listening to music, because you have to concentrate on listening, formulating a response, and then speaking it. It's a very involved process, and only becomes apparent when you are doing something else that requires large amounts of concentration, such as driving.

But, like so many other things, cell phone use while driving will just continue to be tolerated, and the occasional catastrophe will continue to be paid lip service with politicians platituding, and public service announcements cajoling, and folks continuing to do the same unsafe things that humans continue to do because we're human.

Just watch out for yourselves and your loved ones, kind folks. Nothing is going to change.

So, back to topic: I saw this 1927 Buick in neighborhood a week or so ago. Original and unrestored. A real survivor.

20170611_132814.jpg 20170611_132918.jpg

The details on this car are amazing and beautiful.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Even hands-free is distracting - more so than just listening to music, because you have to concentrate on listening, formulating a response, and then speaking it. It's a very involved process, and only becomes apparent when you are doing something else that requires large amounts of concentration, such as driving.

But, like so many other things, cell phone use while driving will just continue to be tolerated, and the occasional catastrophe will continue to be paid lip service with politicians platituding, and public service announcements cajoling, and folks continuing to do the same unsafe things that humans continue to do because we're human.

Just watch out for yourselves and your loved ones, kind folks. Nothing is going to change.

So, back to topic: I saw this 1927 Buick in neighborhood a week or so ago. Original and unrestored. A real survivor.

View attachment 452986 View attachment 452994

The details on this car are amazing and beautiful.
There are a lot of "multi-tasking" articles and blogs floating around and I agree that multi-tasking doesn't increase productivity but, in reality, reduces productivity as it increases risk. Ever look in your rear view mirror and see what is usually a soccer mom smoking while talking on a cell phone? The questions is: WHO is driving the car behind me? I make my exit from that area quick. Common sense isn't so common.

401 - 420 of 427 Posts