9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if without using any spacer, what number of offset suitable to make my wheels look same level as fender, front n rear. Because stock the wheels look goin in abit. I plan to upgrade from stock 17 rims to 18 rims. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A +35 looks pretty flush to me. +40 sits a little too far in, and a +25 sits too far out. Width also plays a factor, how wide do you want to go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, i like to go for 18"x8, but i not sure which offset will make my wheels looks inline same level with fender. Not too in like stock, and not too out of fender, i want it to look just nice flat down with fender. But tyre size im not sure which the best for 18"x8, is 225(like stock tyre size) or using 235, which better?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ok, i like to go for 18"x8, but i not sure which offset will make my wheels looks inline same level with fender. Not too in like stock, and not too out of fender, i want it to look just nice flat down with fender. But tyre size im not sure which the best for 18"x8, is 225(like stock tyre size) or using 235, which better?
Here you go, tons of information and pictures to help you find what you want.

18x8 +35 with a 225/40/18 should be a good setup for what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
+for petro 18x8 +35 would be perfect, but if you can't find that, 18x8 +40 with a 5mm spacer would also work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go, tons of information and pictures to help you find what you want.

18x8 +35 with a 225/40/18 should be a good setup for what you are looking for.

Wow thanks. So much info i see there.
And yah i am totally agree with u, 225/40/18x8 +35 offset is really nice and is what i am really looking for. I've seen many civic with this setup online just now, i spend like 3 hours googling around lol.
Only 1 thing confuse me now, some said 225/40/18x8 +35 no rubbing or scrubbing, some said yes they do sometimes. Is it gonna be really bad if rubbing or scrubbing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+for petro 18x8 +35 would be perfect, but if you can't find that, 18x8 +40 with a 5mm spacer would also work.
I'll avoid spacer. But +35 is it hard to find? Ok, well maybe not hard to find but hard to find the pattern and design that i like with +35?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Only 1 thing confuse me now, some said 225/40/18x8 +35 no rubbing or scrubbing, some said yes they do sometimes. Is it gonna be really bad if rubbing or scrubbing?
This will depend on your suspension setup and alignment specs. I had ever so slight rubbing on big bumps with a similar set up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This will depend on your suspension setup and alignment specs. I had ever so slight rubbing on big bumps with a similar set up.

If i wanna lower my car, do i need to change both set spring + absorber? Changing low spring only is ok right? What brand of spring do u guys use? Recommend?

·
Registered
190 Posts
If i wanna lower my car, do i need to change both set spring + absorber? Changing low spring only is ok right? What brand of spring do u guys use? Recommend?
While not a requirement, it is encouraged. The higher spring rate of lowering springs can cause premature wear to OEM-level dampers.
Recommendations are heavily dependent on what your goals are. We cannot give a good recommendation without knowing what you want.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
DSCF2628.JPG

DSCF2629.JPG

DSCF2618.JPG

DSCF2619.JPG

Well here you go pics of my Si on 17X8 +35 wheels and 225/45/17 tires. I prefer to run slightly meatier tires versus low profile tires and as you can see pretty much flush all around and no rub on 1-1.5 inch drop. IMHO this is perfect daily driver functional fit and ride for Si.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While not a requirement, it is encouraged. The higher spring rate of lowering springs can cause premature wear to OEM-level dampers.
Recommendations are heavily dependent on what your goals are. We cannot give a good recommendation without knowing what you want.
Well, i just want my civic look nice and sporty. Not into racing lol.
Just love to keep my civic look cosmetically beautiful. But if for long term is it better to change complete set spring+sport absorber?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 491538
View attachment 491539
View attachment 491540
View attachment 491541

Well here you go pics of my Si on 17X8 +35 wheels and 225/45/17 tires. I prefer to run slightly meatier tires versus low profile tires and as you can see pretty much flush all around and no rub on 1-1.5 inch drop. IMHO this is perfect daily driver functional fit and ride for Si.
Wow that it what im talking about man. Haha i love that. Your wheel and fender same line like that looks cool and simply aggresive. Love it man. But only that you stick with 17 inches and meaty tyre? Meaty tyre means less bumpy right? You make me think twice either to have it 225/45/17X8 or 225/40/18X8 lol. I believe both equally look nice n sporty. What kind of lowered spring your car using?
Which better between eibach, apex and teins?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, i just want my civic look nice and sporty. Not into racing lol.
Just love to keep my civic look cosmetically beautiful. But if for long term is it better to change complete set spring+sport absorber?
I did mostly because I went with a fairly stiff lowering spring of a modest drop (Swift Spec-R). Also my dampers had 140,000 miles on them so I figured it was time to replace them anyway. This is my daily driver, BTW. Wheels are Advan RZ-II in a 17x8”, +37mm offset. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ in 225/45R17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts

I did not want to modify any of the bodywork (no rolled or pulled fenders here), and I would not accept any rubbing. I figured this set up is about the sweet spot.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Wow that it what im talking about man. Haha i love that. Your wheel and fender same line like that looks cool and simply aggresive. Love it man. But only that you stick with 17 inches and meaty tyre? Meaty tyre means less bumpy right? You make me think twice either to have it 225/45/17X8 or 225/40/18X8 lol. I believe both equally look nice n sporty. What kind of lowered spring your car using?
Which better between eibach, apex and teins?
I'm on HFP suspension designed for 12-13 Si Coupes but also fit 12-13 Si sedan won't fit 14-15 Si models without some modifications. Because you are getting 18inch wheels than 225/45/18 probably going to be a bit tall 225/40/18 probably a better fit on 18 wheel also if you plan to lower than 225/40/18 going to give you a little more room to play with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did mostly because I went with a fairly stiff lowering spring of a modest drop (Swift Spec-R). Also my dampers had 140,000 miles on them so I figured it was time to replace them anyway. This is my daily driver, BTW. Wheels are Advan RZ-II in a 17x8”, +37mm offset. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ in 225/45R17.

Wow your civic are cool. Simple yet sporty and wild with that black wheels. Nice set of wheels u got there. So it does look good with 17x8 and lowered. But i thought all sport low spring are stiff? If got less stiff low spring i might go for less stiff, less bumpy. I see your wheels brand not come cheap though.
This few days i noticed something scratching sound under my car especially when i drive through bump. But my cars still all stock since i still working on stock up money to mod my ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I did not want to modify any of the bodywork (no rolled or pulled fenders here), and I would not accept any rubbing. I figured this set up is about the sweet spot.

That is nice, really nice. Yoir offset +37, so means +35 and +37 look not much different ya. I see Kev604 civic in pictures above doesnt look much different in term of offset. Both look nice inline with fender.
I agree with you, me too i did not want any modification or cutting on bodywork, i like it to stay stock. Thats why im searching around for good info on which offset suit civic with no rubbing and scrubbing even i lowered it.
In term of lowering your ride, i can set how low i want? Well i dont want it too low, maybe at least my index finger can slide in & out in between fender and wheels. Any suggestion?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts