9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Let me kick things off by saying im poor at introductions, like many before me ive been lurking here for sometime and this will be my first post

My name is Rob and im located in BC Canada. Ive owned several hondas including 2 previous 9th gens. I currently have a 10th gen si i use for autocross in GS class and i daily an 8th gen si sedan

Mostly starting this thread to document the rebuild of this 2013 si i recently picked up at auction. This will hopefully serve as a "resumè" if you will. Then if i decide to sell it down the road i can show them in depth the damage that occured. I'm also planning on doing some prep for HS here as well (sway bar, crash bolts, exhaust etc)

Not alot of people campaign the 9th for HS as its older sibling the 8th gen is the popular choice. So it will be good to document that here as well. Locally to me our autocross lots are pretty small, so the torque of the 2.4 should shine.

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So without further ado, here's the si dubbed "Henry"

2013 civic si
233,000 kms or 145,000 freedom units

Carfax says 4 previous owners and has had zero claims until this one that unfortunately (fortunate for me i suppose) wrote it off

I picked it up today to the unpleasant suprise that was no keys included with the sale! Quite the hassle loading it on the car hauler when the wheels were turned to the right and the steering wheel was locked

So far its still on the trailer. Tomorrow I'll haul it 2 hours to the nearest Honda dealership and have a key cut and programmed. Then ill be able to unload it and get in the shop for teardown! Stay tuned
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats and welcome! I have my fb6 fully prepped for HS as a backup autox car in case my friends CRX in sts is down

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.

Thanks man!

I have watched a few of your YouTube videos actually, how do you like the car? iirc yours is a 14/15 so you're lucky enough to have 7.5" wheels 😲

I feel like small lots these cars will kick ass on an 8th gen

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In for a small update on the car

By pure happenstance i was perusing the local classifieds and i found a set of 2013 si wheels listed for sale, after noticing their location i got a bit excited.. long story short the seller of the wheels was actually the previous owner of my car!

And as previously mentioned i did not get the car with keys.. my initial plan was to tow it to the closest honda dealership (2 hours one way) and have a key cut and programmed. This would have been pretty costly and PITA

Luckily for me the previous owner still had a spare key and was nice enough to give it to me (thanks a million to him) it was a 7 hour trip but i got to take my girlfriends 2013 si and it was a beautiful day for a drive 😁

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So on with some photos.. i was able to throw a charged battery in it, get it off the trailer and in to the shop for some initial tear down

The damage is all pretty minor, but no shortage of expensive parts broken lol.. next update ill get back with a detailed list of each part i need to order

I do find it crazy that this car was written off for such superficial damage, and to never have had a previous claim with the exception of a windshield
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Hood Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Bumper

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks man!

I have watched a few of your YouTube videos actually, how do you like the car? iirc yours is a 14/15 so you're lucky enough to have 7.5" wheels

I feel like small lots these cars will kick ass on an 8th gen
At first I hated it. Once I got the alignment done, the car was a different animal. It did everything I needed it to do. Yeah 7.5” wheels help. Even on the small lots, the mini and fiesta are still big contenders. It all comes down to driving.

I have small aspirations of doing limited prep fsp and run 15” wheels lol

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At first I hated it. Once I got the alignment done, the car was a different animal. It did everything I needed it to do. Yeah 7.5” wheels help. Even on the small lots, the mini and fiesta are still big contenders. It all comes down to driving.

I have small aspirations of doing limited prep fsp and run 15” wheels lol

How much camber did you obtain up front with crash bolts?

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so im fairly picky when it comes to using OEM parts but this is a little eye watering 😭

$4000 in oem parts. Theres still windshield cost/inspection and paint

Granted a couple of those parts are HS related.. camber bolts and 14 rear sway bar

Product Rectangle Azure Font Operating system
Rectangle Product Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I've started a youtube channel to track the progress of the car as well, if anyone is interested in seeing it develop through videos please check it out. Im not the type of guy to walk around holding a camera in front of my face talking to the air so I've filmed it POV with commentary

its my first video so any suggestions/criticisms are definitely welcomed

·
Registered
681 Posts
so im fairly picky when it comes to using OEM parts but this is a little eye watering 😭

$4000 in oem parts. Theres still windshield cost/inspection and paint

Granted a couple of those parts are HS related.. camber bolts and 14 rear sway bar
I'm with you on choosing OEM for many of those parts, as the aftermarket is a crapshoot for reproducing some of those, but good lord... I'd have to like my car a lot more to spend that.

Im not the type of guy to walk around holding a camera in front of my face talking to the air
In Denzel Washington voice: My man...

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm with you on choosing OEM for many of those parts, as the aftermarket is a crapshoot for reproducing some of those, but good lord... I'd have to like my car a lot more to spend that.

In Denzel Washington voice: My man...
Definitely feel you on that, but as i bought the car salvaged im not really into it for that much, helps ease the sting i think... or at least thats what im telling myself.

·
Registered
2012 civic si
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yesterday i spent a few hours in the honda dealership. Sold them my 2019 civic si and used that as leverage to get a discount on parts 🤣

Got about 15% off across the board so im pretty happy!

I ordered everything for the front end OEM

-bumper
-grill, grill moulding, both H and Si badges
-hood
-passenger fender
-both foglights
-foglight bezels (both were strangely missing)
-left foglight bezel mount
-Lisence plate mount
-hood hinges
-right side cowl piece
-rad support cover

I havent ordered the HS parts yet.. the 14-15 RSB was on backorder with no date announced. I may end up just going progress RSB.. we'lll see. And i forgot to order camber/crash bolts. Oh well

Heres the invoice for all the parts, 4 items didnt make it on there as i called and ordered them later when i realized i forgot 😅

-radiator cross support (tie bar)
-ac fan shroud
-rad fan shroud

And my personal favorite.. i ordered the 2022 Si shift knob.

I like what honda did with it, they really payed homage to the 8th gen si knob while keeping the modern style of the 9th/10th gen

Font Material property Parallel Paper Handwriting

Font Material property Rectangle Pattern Paper

The highlighted items are on BO. The latest set to arrive is the 22nd of march so shouldnt hold me up 👍

1 - 20 of 74 Posts