9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
sorry I've been off the map for awhile, i got married and i have been trying to get use to that. Anyways i have been wanting to post a few mechanical problems that i have been having. So my wife and i have moved to a house where there is a pretty big dip in between the street and the driveway and every time i reverse out i go at an angle and i get this really loud creaking noise from the driverside rear tire. I feel like it's a spring issue or something so let me know what you guys think it could be. as well i'm going to post a picture of my headlights. They're a mess and i want some input on how i should re adjust them. Thanks guys in advance

IMG_1323.jpg

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Just wanted to know if anyone has had this issue?

·
Registered
405 Posts
The right side headlight seems to be a bit lower then the left side

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,768 Posts
I had to adjust my headlights out of the box after I put higher-powered Nokya bulbs in. No rattling from the rear though. You figure out how to adjust those beams?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Its real easy if you look into you enginge bay and look at the headlight youll see a 10mm screw which you just turn and it will adjust the height of the beam

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,768 Posts
Its real easy if you look into you enginge bay and look at the headlight youll see a 10mm screw which you just turn and it will adjust the height of the beam

Right. I don't know if max72 figured it out. He's been around a while, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i know how to adjust the headlights. But the sound isn't really a rattle it's more of a creaking sound. It really sounds like it is coming from the driver side rear spring or the shock.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are you only geting the sound when your pulling out or at high speed as well?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't ever heard it at high speed. I have noticed it everytime i reverse out of my driveway or angle over big dips.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i took a video this morning. At the very end you hear three clicking sounds. that's what i'm talking about

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey just in case anyone else has this problem in the future. It turned out the rear control arm was bad. The part cost about 400 bucks.....thank goodness for warranties!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank u for sharing this prob and fix.
interesting it was the rear control arm.
did honda describe why it failed?
no they didn't.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am having the same clicking sounds on my car but it only happens when I go over speed bumps. Illll be taking mine in on saturday to have this fixed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts