9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
CT Engineering 2012 Civic Si Full Cat-Back Exhaust Released!

This thread is dedicated to CT Engineering exhaust systems for the 9th Generation Civic Si. Please keep information/questions about this particular brand of exhaust system limited to this thread to avoid confusion on the forums and to keep it neat and tidy.

Specs:
  • Full stainless steel, mandrel bent 2.5" cat-back exhaust system.
  • TIG-welded by hand (in-house) for only the finest quality welds.
  • Polished muffler, polished resonator, and 4" polished and resonated tip.
  • Smooth, aggressive tone refined for the street.
Price:
MSRP: $695

Video Clips:
I can't find any video clips, if anyone can please post a couple up if possible would be greatly appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: CT Engineering is working on a version of this exhaust for the 4DR Si Sedan as well, and they need a vehicle for test fitment. If you have a 2012 Si Sedan and are interested, and you live in or around the Sacramento California area, please email [email protected] with your details. If you are the one chosen, you would receive this exhaust at a very significant discount!

I know many of you have been waiting for a high quality full cat-back exhaust system for your 2012 Si, and we finally have one! Just released this week, CT Engineering's performance exhaust system features full stainless steel construction, 2.5 inch (63.5mm) piping, and a 4 inch (101.6mm) tip. It is available for the 2012 Civic Si Coupe only at this point. The system is IN STOCK and ready to ship. The retail price is $695, and we are currently selling it for $679.95. We have a very limited supply right now, but CT is working hard to ramp up production on them.

This exhaust is really OEM quality, and perfect for daily driving since it's not too loud. It will provide a sportier sound and more performance for your Si without looking outrageous or "ricey". I'm definitely impressed with the system.

Link to place an order: Honda Civic CT Engineering Stainless Steel Exhaust System

Some pictures so everyone can see the quality of the workmanship:

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Odd, I've checked with CT-Engineering's web site and the do not have one for the 9th gen coupe , just the 8th gen coupe. Unless if it is not updated yet.

There has been threads about 8th gen exhaust fit/doesn't fit 9th gen. Is there any confirmation that this truely fits the 9th gen?

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd, I've checked with CT-Engineering's web site and the do not have one for the 9th gen coupe , just the 8th gen coupe. Unless if it is not updated yet.

There has been threads about 8th gen exhaust fit/doesn't fit 9th gen. Is there any confirmation that this truely fits the 9th gen?
This is a brand new exhaust and it is a different design than the 8th gen one. The 8th gen Si one will not bolt up at all to a 9th gen Si. I think CT does not have this on their site because this exhaust was literally just released. We're the first ones to have it available.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Any videos for sound?
We're working on getting one. The original video shot by CT has too much wind noise in it (it was a very windy day).

This exhaust is going to change the sound of your 9th Gen Si in a similar way to how the CT exhaust changed the sound of the 8th Gen Si. It sounds very good. A deeper and sportier tone than stock, but definitely not too loud.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
This is a brand new exhaust and it is a different design than the 8th gen one. The 8th gen Si one will not bolt up at all to a 9th gen Si. I think CT does not have this on their site because this exhaust was literally just released. We're the first ones to have it available.
thanks.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: CT Engineering is working on a version of this exhaust for the 4DR Si Sedan as well, and they need a vehicle for test fitment. If you have a 2012 Si Sedan and are interested, and you live in or around the Sacramento California area, please email [email protected] with your details. If you are the one chosen, you would receive this exhaust at a very significant discount!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
oh man, if my car is not a daily driven I would totally lend them my car.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
ProCivic, Y U no carry TSUDO?

Reactions: Sinub

·
Registered
204 Posts
I found this vid on an 06 8th Gen. It sounds a little ricey. Maybe just Minute Ricey. :pinkrotfl:

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
How is that ricey? how does a non-ricey exhaust sound like?

Reactions: 9thGenStoro

·
Registered
204 Posts
A v8

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Naww sounds more like a V16 from a 1990 Cizeta V16T

Reactions: procivic

·
Registered
204 Posts
How is that ricey? how does a non-ricey exhaust sound like?
In all fairness to our cars, the 9th gen has a 2.4 over the 2.0 of the 8th gen. That translates into a huge torque difference and will also make the exhaust note slightly deeper. The integrated exhaust manifold flowing into a larger downpipe will help too. However..............

This is the opposite of ricey
The V16 Cizeta is pretty sick by the way Prime.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
No, we don't carry that brand. Sorry!
Lol i know you don't but i wonder why.... think could be some serious saless! Always nice to have real JDM aftermarket parts! Thats how i think about it :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lol i know you don't but i wonder why.... think could be some serious saless! Always nice to have real JDM aftermarket parts! Thats how i think about it :)
Tsudo is most certainly not JDM haha.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Tsudo is most certainly not JDM haha.
OMG! Don't burst my bubbleeeee :pout:

Its sounds japanese, like Tsukuba and Tsunami! Its a Jap owner and they have been running out of Orange County California! Thats all :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts