9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was detailing my Si today and had the trunk open for I guess what turns out to be a lengthy amount of time and when I start the car which it fired right up no problem at all my Navi said it lost power, message said to park it out in an open area away from tall buildings trees etc so that the GPS could find the satellite. Does this sound normal?? Also my MID doesn't always greet me with the Honda logo or Si emblem when unlocking car, I thought it always did that upon unlocking and entry to vehicle, maybe never noticed it NOT doing it I don't know, maybe I'm just worrying about nothing ??

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,597 Posts
Yeah, too many vagaries.

If it was me, I'd keep track, over a week or two, of exactly what seems to be not working properly so as to establish any patterns of irregularity.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What seems to be another issue is the iMiD doesn't display the Welcome Message or at least that's what I think it's called...when you unlock the car and open drivers door the Honda emblem and Si badge has always displayed before and now it doesn't or it does it when it wants to, dash lights seem to be acting weird too, like staying on after doors are shut and then going out eventually, just the tach and the red cluster below the speedo, it may have always done that but I know the iMiD isn't always displaying the logos and it has me concerned with being coupled with what the Navi unit did

·
Photoshop Masta
2,939 Posts
What seems to be another issue is the iMiD doesn't display the Welcome Message or at least that's what I think it's called...when you unlock the car and open drivers door the Honda emblem and Si badge has always displayed before and now it doesn't or it does it when it wants to, dash lights seem to be acting weird too, like staying on after doors are shut and then going out eventually, just the tach and the red cluster below the speedo, it may have always done that but I know the iMiD isn't always displaying the logos and it has me concerned with being coupled with what the Navi unit did

I really can't say what the 'issue' could be from what you're saying is happening....but I would just disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes then reconnect it. Go back through your settings on your I-Mid and make sure all is set to your liking...clock, door locks, interior lighting etc.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May just run by dealer and have them look at it?
Like this morning for example, I unlock the car open drivers door and no screen with the Honda logos on it.

6 Posts
thats why i love my imid

·
Photoshop Masta
2,939 Posts
May just run by dealer and have them look at it?
Like this morning for example, I unlock the car open drivers door and no screen with the Honda logos on it.

As suggested. I would just reset it by disconnecting the battery....then take it in if the issue remains. You might be wasting your time at the dealer for nothing. Well, that's what I would do. But it's your whip!

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
I think there's a power cut out if you leave light in your car on too long. Don't know if it cut power to the whole system. If it does, then that explains your Nav problem.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As suggested. I would just reset it by disconnecting the battery....then take it in if the issue remains. You might be wasting your time at the dealer for nothing. Well, that's what I would do. But it's your whip!
Thanks for the advice, I may do that if it bothers me too much, really don't feel like setting all my presets, pairing phone, etc...may just live with it, seems to do it randomly anyways.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think there's a power cut out if you leave light in your car on too long. Don't know if it cut power to the whole system. If it does, then that explains your Nav problem.
Yeah dealership claims that a light left on etc, system starts deleting things that require power like Navi etc to maintain car will turn over. Navi works fine now, just iMiD seems a bit off??
Won't be taking my car to the drive in movie theatre, lol

·
Photoshop Masta
2,939 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I may do that if it bothers me too much, really don't feel like setting all my presets, pairing phone, etc...may just live with it, seems to do it randomly anyways.

You don't have to do ALL that. I've disconnected my battery three times and I've ONLY had to reset the clock and manually power on the audio system, everything else stays the same. What I meant was after resetting your battery, go through your settings to see if anything changed and make sure it's all the way you like, ya never know if something went funky and that's why you have an issue.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Lost power or lost signal?

My handheld Etrex gps will do what you described when it hasn't yet picked up the gps signal.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah would've came in handy yesterday. I just had my trunk propped open with my detail products in it as I was using a quick detail spray and dash duster tire dressing etc, rather than put that stuff on the ground I just left it in the trunk and left it open for easy access, didn't think 2 hours would do anything but now know lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts