9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I currently own a 2007 Fiji Si coupe with nearly 94,000 miles and have come from the 8th Gen forums. This car has been the best car I've ever owned. I've had more fun and virtually no issues and still look forward to my daily commute just to drive my car. I recently test drove a 2012 Si coupe and thought I should learn more! It was a great first drive (car just arrived today) but I'm still not sure I should trade in or sell my 8th gen for it yet. I wonder if a new Si will still give me the same driving thrill... I'd love any feedback!

See you around the forums!

Jen

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i dont think you will be disappointed with the 12 more torquey, fun car to drive just as the 8 th was.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
oh yeah..i forgot... welcome to the site

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome.
I would keep your current car at least until the new 9th comes out. I have always liked civics but never had one until my old 2011 si. I lovef that car. I live my new 9th as well but it might be worth holding off to get the refreshed 9th unless your open to having a one of a kind 2012 like the rest of us. Either choice its all yours. Both great cars. I miss the handling of my 8th but love the tq of my 9th. Take care

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
182 Posts
i had the 8th now have the 9th, i love the 9th, at first its different but quickly grows on you, i jumped back into my friends 8th and the things i noticed jumped at me!! The steering wheel is actually quite ugly and bigger than the 9th and the whole dash just starts looking odd in the 8th...all sorts of things, get the 9th or wait until the new 9th comes out...whatever that mean haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think the 9th gen si to be honest has a more powerful feel then the 8th. Even though the body takes time to get adjusted to i think you will be happy. From one si owner to another.

·
Registered
182 Posts
oh and also the gear box on the 9th kills the 8th, thats something i dont see people mentioning here, much better shift feel, no more missing second and third like on some of the older cars...at least from my experience

·
Registered
482 Posts
I agree with KriptoGFX I had a two 8ths also once supercharged. The gear box is substancally better in this current Si. I can go on and on about the pros and cons but over all the 9th takes the cake IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts