9th Gen Civic Forum banner

381 - 400 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
No my coils are ment for years 12+ Both Fb's & Fg's. My rubber isolators aren't flush. Could that be the noise ? Here's a pic. But yeah im gonna try to scoot my exhuast over a little just havent had time View attachment 179249

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Don't move your exhaust, flip your spring over. I think you have it installed backwards. If you flip it over it will not only sit nicer, but the tapering of the spring will give your exhaust a bit more room.

Here's a picture of a busted strut but you can see the orientation of the spring and perch. My bottom rubber piece is coming up a bit in that picture but the other side was nice and flush. There are holes there to grab the rubber and that end popped out....easily fixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't move your exhaust, flip your spring over. I think you have it installed backwards. If you flip it over it will not only sit nicer, but the tapering of the spring will give your exhaust a bit more room.

Here's a picture of a busted strut but you can see the orientation of the spring and perch. My bottom rubber piece is coming up a bit in that picture but the other side was nice and flush. There are holes there to grab the rubber and that end popped out....easily fixed.

So what you're telling me is to flip my spring upside down like in the picture ? I placed it the same way my stock ones came so i figured i did it right. Sorry for all the questions. This is my second set of coils i've installed and this is way different from a 97 tl

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
I remember discussions like this on motorcycle forums.

Some people thought that progressively wound springs should be installed with the less densely wound side down so that the initial force would hit that end first, and then the more densely wound end after that.

But when you think about it, the less densely wound end is going to compress first no matter which end is up.

I would still put all my springs in the same way for consistency, if nothing else, and if there is clearance problem with the exhaust pipe, then that should dictate which way the springs go.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So what you're telling me is to flip my spring upside down like in the picture ? I placed it the same way my stock ones came so i figured i did it right. Sorry for all the questions. This is my second set of coils i've installed and this is way different from a 97 tl

I am absolutely certain the springs should be installed how they are in my picture. The adjustable perch needed 8th gen rubber isolators to fit snugly to the top. Since yours are made for the 2012+ Si then D2 shipped you the correct rubber parts.

Definitely flip them over. If you look at the top of your spring, your rubber piece is being stretched out a LOT. This should not happen at all as it will fit in nicely at the bottom (unless you over stretched them and you need new ones). Don't compare the shape of these to the stock springs....they taper in different ways.

Base it off of this bottom piece:

That piece should be there with the new springs as well.

Also, ditto what Scotty said ^. The exhaust alone is an indicator of fitment.

Let me know how it works!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am absolutely certain the springs should be installed how they are in my picture. The adjustable perch needed 8th gen rubber isolators to fit snugly to the top. Since yours are made for the 2012+ Si then D2 shipped you the correct rubber parts.

Definitely flip them over. If you look at the top of your spring, your rubber piece is being stretched out a LOT. This should not happen at all as it will fit in nicely at the bottom (unless you over stretched them). Are you sure you installed the springs the same as your stocks? I swear they are upside-down.

This is the bottom piece:

Also, ditto what Scotty said ^. The exhaust alone is an indicator of fitment.

Let me know how it works!
Nvm. You guys are right ! The height adjuster should be on top. I guess i put mine on wrong?. I'll have to fix this issue most likely tomorrow. Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1 Posts
D2 Racing RS Coilover System (D-HN-25-1) 12-13 Civic « Free Shipping

hey guys, if i was to buy these coilovers shown in the link above, would they fit my car for sure? I drive a '13 civic 4dr LX. The pic they show for the kit doesn't look like its meant for my car, so i wanted an opinion if i was buying the right kit or not. Also does the 13 Si have the same rear suspension setup as the 13 LX? Cause i dont want to order the wrong kit for my car cause then im screwed. Thanks.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Do you still need an additional camber kit for the rear with these coilovers?
It depends on how much you lower the vehicle. If you stay around 1 inch or less, you should be OK without a camber kit. But just to clarify, these coilovers do not include a separate rear camber kit with them.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
381 - 400 of 429 Posts