9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering installing a remote starter in my 2012 LX Sedan, however this seems to be a bit more involved then something like installing an amp. One thing I'm confused about is if it would be better to go with D2D (Data to Data, I believe) or W2W (Wire to wire?). From what little bit of information I could actually find on it, W2W seems to be more reliable, but I haven't actually found any info about D2D connections failing. For obvious reasons, I'm trying to keep wire slicing to a minimum, but on the same token, I don't want to go through all this hassle and have the thing fail on me. Anyone have some insight on this?

Viper - Viper 5704 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System
XpressKit.com - Compatibility Search Results

I was thinking about going with that for a remote starter and bypass module. Luckily I kept my xpresskit programer from when I installed a remote starter in my '05 Impala.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you can program the bypass module through idatalinks website defiantly do data2data because it is much less wires to hook up and the bypass will control things on your car like doorlocks and auto trunk release so defiantly do d2d because it will save you a lot of time. also make sure and test all of the wires when you are hooking this up because it is a somewhat difficult install if you dont have wire locations for your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts