9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any detailed info on disassembling the dashboard? I cant yet order a service manual or get AllData for this car... I want to access the Air-conditioner thermistor.. which appears to involve removing the radio and top part of the dash panel....

im interested to know of any special tools other than trim sticks i need.. and ifthere are any clips that get destroyed in the process and need to be ordered on-hand ahead of time... tricks... tips...

-Christopher

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Hey my old man builds the dashes at te Honda plant in Alliston when he gets home tonight I'll show him your post here and he will be able to tell you everything you need to know!! He is excellent at it lol prob because he builds them all day 5 days a week haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you're looking to get to the radio first take off the dash piece under the steering wheel. Then take the silver piece off around the gauges, both held in by clips. Then take off the panel with the cig lighter and aux off by removing 2 screws hidden on the top then pull to release. After that there are gonna be 2 8mm screws hidden under the radio holding it in place, since you removed the aux panel they are pretty easy to get at. After that pop out the radio.

If your looking to take apart the iMid area, I haven't had a reason to remove it yet so I'm unsure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good info!

do the clips break and need replaced or do they have a special release? or did you just use a plastic trim stick and pull them out?
-Christopher

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I've seen some exploded views at collegehillshonda.com that may help out.

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
If you have any questions I can get a hold of my old man tonight as well I had a ball game last night and he worked overtime so I left for ball before I could call him

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
^^ love it, Old Man. Call my dad that for years. Never really call him dad, just old man. Funny to see that out there.

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
^^ haha me too!!! Ive called him that for a long now. Way better then just dad lol its got more zing lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts