9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried white, now I've got them black. Just need to paint the calipers blue then I'm done. I have on H&R springs if anyone wants to know. I love the look

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
I think it looks great. Did you put a finish over the PD?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just two coats of the glossifier. I loaded on too much last time. Plus one can had to do all 4. I'm not sure what other paint/rubber finishes I could put on because I don't know how they will react with each other

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good thing with plasi dip. Who cares if you mess up. Just peel off and apply again lol it's like magic

·
Registered
225 Posts
As self-proclaimed Prince of Plasti-Dip, I love them. Great job!

I had 1000% intention of doing my stockers, black with a light pearl and red H's.

However, those wheels got stolen, and I now have 18" HFPs that I'm not sure I want to 'Dip.

How do ya think they'd look?

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
As self-proclaimed Prince of Plasti-Dip, I love them. Great job!

I had 1000% intention of doing my stockers, black with a light pearl and red H's.

However, those wheels got stolen, and I now have 18" HFPs that I'm not sure I want to 'Dip.

How do ya think they'd look?
I've been dying to see the HFP wheels dipped. Do it. Worst thing that could happen is that you don't like it and take it off

·
Registered
375 Posts
I plan to plastidip mine black. I heard you have to do at least 4-5 coats of black. then what else would I have to do?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used about a can and a half to do both, inside and out. Wasnt counting coats, just sprayed a lot of light layers. The black covered a lot better than the white, I was a little worried I didn't put enough on but as far as I could tell it was pretty covered. Just cleaned them real well for prep work

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been dying to see the HFP wheels dipped. Do it. Worst thing that could happen is that you don't like it and take it off
The wheels look so good on their own! You're right though, I even have the dip to do it sitting in my closet. Maybe I'll give it a go.

One issue with the HFPs is that the H logo on them is convex'd out and not the exact size of the 'stock' ones. So, it kind of messes up my desire to do Red H Decals. This upsets me thoroughly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used about a can and a half to do both, inside and out. Wasnt counting coats, just sprayed a lot of light layers. The black covered a lot better than the white, I was a little worried I didn't put enough on but as far as I could tell it was pretty covered. Just cleaned them real well for prep work
I wish the white worked better. White on your car would look killer, especially if you threw some Pearlizer on there!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish the white worked better. White on your car would look killer, especially if you threw some Pearlizer on there!
Pearlizer may have made it a little better. It was just AHHHH WHITE. It distracted you from the car itself. Also at the time it wasn't lowered and I covered up the center cap instead of putting a blue H on it like I would do now if I ever did it again. Too many things threw it off for me to keep

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue and white is sexy. Anything and black is sexy. Oh I love Plasti-dip.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm trying to plasti dip my wheels but when you spray the dip, do you guys dip the inside dish part of the wheels? how do you do it? do you do the face of the wheels first and then flip the wheels and spray the inner dish?

can somebody please help me!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
Pdipping can be done with a lot of light coats or just a few (3 to 4) heavier ones. If you're doing the latter, keep a good watch on how much the surface will take before it runs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts